What is the worst film you have ever seen?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dreamwhip, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Leonard Part 6. Atrocious.

But "Jurassic Park"?

Well, I love it. We're hearing classic examples of, "You can't please every one". Someone mentioned "Annie Hall". That's gotta be a cultural thing... I can only imagine.

Jeff

2. magick28

magick28 New Member

The 1st one is one of the best horror films of all time.Another film I forgot to mention is "Space Balls" that movie is just dreadful,I guess having Joan Rivers in it should of been a clue.

3. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I know that a lot of people don't like this movie, especially the ending, but I think it's brilliant, one of those movies that forces you to listen and work a bit to understand it.

John K.

4. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I'm with you on this one. I've never watched it all the way through.

John K.

5. misssunshine

misssunshine New Member

Square Dance- Rob Lowe and Winona Ryder with annoying Texan accents

Hulk- Eric Bana....you are no Bill Bixby

Superman 3- ugh....my favorite movie series becomes a Richard Pryor comedy.

anything with Julia Roberts

Gone with the Wind- Frankly my dear, I dont give a damn about this movie

Forrest Gump- If life is like a box of chocolates, this movie is past it's expiration date & is covered in mold.

Hear My Song- I tried to walk out 3 times but my date kept insisting it would get better. It didn't.

Hard to Hold- hard to watch even with the gorgeous Rick Springfield

Batman Returns, Forever, & Robin, Begins, Goes Away, etc- I'd rather watch 2 hours of Adam West do the Batusi

6. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

:agree: A friend gave me a copy of "The Matrix" and I've never been able to get further than about the 30-40 minute mark.

Other films I either walked out of, had to turn off, or had to endure to the end for whatever reason:

Gremlins
    Scrooged
    Blame It On Rio
    Natural Born Killers
    Cat In The Hat
    Fargo
    O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    Intolerable Cruelty

7. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

Wow...those are two of my favorites! :shrug: This is an interesting thread though...everyone's got their own taste.

This one goes against common opinion, as critics and moviegoers seemed to "love it", but I thought the most recent Batman movie was a complete and utter waste of film. Blech. My wife felt the same way.

8. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Well, at this point someone has trashed pretty much all of my top 50, as well as the entire bodies of work of at least two of my favorite directors. We've also mentioned most of the films generally regarded as the greatest ever made. Too bad no one gave any reasons for finding these films so reprehensible, but I guess that wasn't a requirement.

I can't say any single film was the worst I've ever seen. There are films I just don't care to watch... Hey, if the guy that hates Annie Hall will tell me his favorite film I'll list that. If someone dislikes Annie Hall enough to mention it here, then I'm sure his favorite movie will be a stinker to me.

9. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Recently, The Ruins. Disgusting horror movie made from the book of the same name by an author whose first book I liked a lot, Scott Smith. I couldn't watch it, it was so gross and pointless. I turned it off and headed for the internet, where I immediately posted forth my disgust.

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

People love to take threads like this and trash sacred cows. It makes 'em seem like REBELS! :rolleyes:

Because the thread asks for the worst movie you've seen, it's open to more interpretation than "worst movies ever made" - though you'd still have to see them to know you think they're bad! Nonetheless, it's clear people are just mentioning movies they don't like, not simply ones that can really be classified as the worst ever made.

C'mon - "Citizen Kane"? "Saving Private Ryan"? "The Matrix"? "Gone With the Wind"? "Annie Hall"? If these are the worst movies you've ever seen, you must not get out much... :sigh:

11. Jay F

Jay F New Member

I started not liking them with Raising Arizona. I know they did one movie I liked--Fargo?--but other than that, I don't think I ever saw another of their movies.

12. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

the movie that most numbed me was ERASERHEAD. paid to see it once, never had any inclination to watch it again.

13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I've never been a Coen backer - I friggin' hated "Big Lebowski", though I should probably give it another chance. However, I always liked "Miller's Crossing" - IIRC, it was quite good and not self-consciously quirky like so much Coen material...

14. conniefrancis

conniefrancis New Member

Hey, Oats, don't you mean "mavericks"?

:laugh:

At the risk of being political, I hope to never hear that word again after Nov. 4th.

15. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Turned it off after 20 minutes.

I watched the whole thing, but failed to perceive the greatness of the Coen Brothers. I continue in this failure.

I hated both Help and A Hard Day's Night. Just stupid. I never saw MMT.

I sat through it, I think. But I hated it. So maybe I didn't sit through it.

Same here. I didn't see them until 1998, when my neighbor and I were both home sick with colds. Didn't get it.

I thought I was so boring, I never saw any others.

Now, Woody Allen I love. He's one of the few directors whose every movie I will see.

I don't see as many movies as a lot of people, and what I do see, I pretty carefully research beforehand. I don't go to movie theatres anymore. I just use Netflix, and I can be pretty picky, because they've got a much better selection than any local store can have.

16. vinyldisc

vinyldisc New Member

Hollyweird sucks, for the most part... imho.

Last movie I saw at a theatre was Pulp Fiction.

17. sprocket

sprocket Active Member

Deathship. Only movie I ever walked out on.

18. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

My vote goes to "Silent Hill" Never have I wanted for a movie to end so badly. Worst dialog ever in a motion picture. This film almost makes me wish that I was blind AND deaf. Almost.

Wow,
    I see a lot of my favorites listed! (I have made them BOLD)

I like all of the following enough to own copies on dvd:

Blade Runner
    Daredevil
    Nightmare Before Christmas
    The Matrix
    Memento
    Raising Arizona
    Waterworld
    Eddie And the Cruisers
    The Natural
    Pleasantville
    Throw Mama From The Train
    Kill Bill
    National Treasure
    The Royal Tenenbaums
    The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
    The Day After Tomorrow
    Highlander
    Citizen Kane
    The Never Ending Story
    Punch Drunk Love
    Being John Malkovich
    Shakespeare in Love
    Saving Private Ryan
    Hudsucker Proxy
    O Brother Where Art Thou
    The Aviator
    L.A Confidential
    Hulk
    Silence of the Lambs
    My Big Fat Greek Weeding
    Napolean Dynamite
    American Beauty
    Annie Hall
    Gone with the Wind
    Forrest Gump
    Batman Returns, Forever, & Robin, Begins
    Fargo

19. npc145

npc145 music junkie

20. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I hated "Road To Wellville" that horrid 1994 movie directed by Alan Parker, starring Anthony Hopkins and Matthew Broderick. I was so disgusted with it I accidentally said "what a horrible movie" a little to loud and actually got a laugh and applause from the 50 or so people in the theater. :)

I think "Gods and Generals" was 219 minuets of endless dialog that was so bad I wanted to pour hot wax in my ears..:thumbsdn:

21. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Yeah, I thought that one was pretty awful too.

22. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Yes I admit there are many movies I like on this list, but over all I agree with the selects. :thumbsdn: :agree:

You guys are bringing up horrible movies that I had completely forgotten. Now I have to forget them all over again. :shake: :eek:

23. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that flick is a running joke in our family
    Everytime we see a crappy movie we refer back to PDL!

24. Michael

Woody's great!

Sleeper is killer funny.:D

25. Michael

I guess you you had to be there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.