What is your most valuable LP (according to auction results)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vinylfindco, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Royce Clouse

Royce Clouse Forum Resident

LOL ok thank you...guess isn't special
  2. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

You just never know until you check. I've been surprised before (in both directions lol)
  3. elvisizer

elvisizer Well-Known Member

San Jose
    Nothing crazy for me- the verve voyager 1 is the most valuable vinyl i’ve got, worth about $200. after that, the next most valuable things i’ve got are the Black Sabbath shm-sacds from Japan- they’re around $100 each.
  4. Thanks for making mine - great to get some Kozelek on vinyl from back when he was good!
    Desolation Row likes this.
  5. Royce Clouse

Royce Clouse Forum Resident

Im sure I have some, just never give it a thought to price them.
  6. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Forum Resident

NYC Man
    Between all of the official, archival releases I have--which is all of them, plus all of the bootlegs I have, plus the equal amount of Zappa I have, plus the literally thousands of other artists I also collect, I don't know the vast majority of the live stuff well enough to be able to peg particular performances of tunes. I know there are versions of tunes that are just amazing and pretty unique compared to other versions, but I usually can't specify them--I frequently hear stuff while listening on shuffle where I haven't the faintest idea what show it might be from. But I kind of enjoy that. It keeps everything fresh. However, I can see where one might want to have a better handle on what's in one's collection.
    seed_drill likes this.
  7. RandelPink

RandelPink Active Member

Sealed Original ZIPPO pressing of Catch A Fire, seen them go as high as $750. Paid $300 for it 14 years ago.
    Fullbug and Gavinyl like this.
  8. ABBDutchFan

ABBDutchFan Active Member

Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Betty's Blends Vol. 1 (4LP)

Iron Maiden - The Soundhouse Tapes (7 inch)
    StarDoG likes this.
  9. djhurley92

djhurley92 Member

Some John Frusciante/Ataxia albums I have (Curtains, AW1, AW2, To Record Only Water for Ten Days, The Empyrean, Niandra Lades (limited edition)) seem to be worth £100-£150 each now; I bought them new.
    Gavinyl likes this.
  10. Terry

Terry Forum Resident

Second mono pressing of Introducing the Beatles.
  11. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

I have a few sealed MOFI and Classic Records LPs. But I think my best item is an original Tom Petty - Wildflower LP, Minty Fresh..
  12. seed_drill

seed_drill Forum Resident

Tryon, NC, USA
    A downward trajectory in income also required that I be more selective...
  13. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Philadelphia, PA
    I have one of those too. It's a 4 x 10-inch set house in a nice clothbound book. I remember at some point after they had sold out (maybe 6 months to a year) SW posted on his site that he had cleaned out a storage closet and had found a handful of extra copies of the Insurgentes 4LP set and would sell signed/personalized copies at the original retail price to the first people who responded, so I jumped on that opportunity!
    izgoblin likes this.
  14. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Forum Resident

Parts Unknown
    Holy sh|t! I had no idea someone had pressed Niandra Lades... Brilliant record. Just ordered a copy, thanks for the heads-up! Now if only someone would reissue Shadows Collide With People.
  15. Fishoutofwater

Fishoutofwater Forum Resident

I have no idea as the weight: its not mentioned anywhere that i can see. It comes with posters, a huge booklet etc and a blue vinyl single. I hardly play it; i always stick on the cd. :hide:
  16. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Well-Known Member

AFI - Sing the Sorrow 2LP (red) (sealed) (about $200)
  17. progmog

progmog Forum Resident

United Kingdom
    I have a UK Decca original pressing of Leaf Hound's 'Growers of Mushroom' in near-mint condition. It set me back £1600 a few years ago, but I feel considerably better about it now knowing that it would command in excess of £4000 these days.
    Slick Willie, izgoblin and SAMAUL like this.
  18. Hilly

Hilly Member

XTC - Wrapped in Grey (single cd withdrawn before release) € 250 !!
    DetroitDoomsayer likes this.
  19. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Not sure where you are getting your information from but "Ghosts Of The Great Highway" was never ever going for $500. Not even the limited version on marbled vinyl. Yeah... there's somebody asking £500 for it on Discogs right now. But good luck finding a willing customer.
  20. SquaRoots

SquaRoots Forum Resident

Laniakea Superba
    I own first pressings of a couple of Brit folk rock gems, which apparently have become somewhat "desirable":

Trees - On The Shore

Lal & Mike Waterson ‎– Bright Phoebus
  21. Daven23

Daven23 Active Member

Hyde Park NY USA
    Beatles- Please Please Me (2nd pressing)
    Monkees- Changes Original
    Elvis Presley- debut Canadian and a US copy
    John Lennon’s experimental albums

Plus more I can’t think of
  22. Photo please.....
    samthesham likes this.
  23. Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
    UK original
    weirdoc and Neonbeam like this.
  24. lrpm

lrpm Forum Resident

Barcelona, Spain
    Nothing reaching three figures.
    Some above average:
    - several 35DP japanese cds by Miles Davis, including KOB and IASW.
    - a few vinyl bootlegs by The Beatles from the eighties. Also the german Apple MMT vinyl (same matrix than the famous Horzu)
    - a couple of gold DCC cds
    - japan for Europe Pink Floyd cds of WYWH and DSOTM
    So nothing as valuable as most seen here...
  25. tinnox

tinnox Forum Resident

What is hot cut pressing