What is your most valuable LP (according to auction results)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vinylfindco, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glad I was able to help. The EU still commands a nice price though!

2. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Madonna-Celebration 4 X LP
    This seems to bring 2-400 depending on if it's sealed or not.

3. petercl

petercl Forum Resident

Pink Floyd "Pulse"

4. randy9700

randy9700 Indian MC Rider!

Well, I have most of the Classic Records LZ issues including 180 Gram copies of I and II. I do not however own ITTOD (which of course is the most valuable). Next would be my 2LP issue of Tom Petty's Damn The Torpedoes which is getting ridiculous. And this is the black vinyl...shoulda got the red vinyl when it was issued! In fact almost anything from Tom Petty from Wildflowers forward is out of sight. Obviously this does not include the in-print vinyl of Mojo and Hypnotic Eye But I have noticed Mudcrutch Debut and Live EP starting to edge upward now that stock is disappearing and the new LP is out....

5. Was nice to see my Annie Lennox - The Annie Lennox Collection (3LP) appreciating in value.

6. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

That's nice, although I'd never sell it. Strange though thay there is a Holland pressing, I live there, and I didn't get one. Not that it bothers me though. Thanks again btw.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  7. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

8. tedg65

tedg65 Forum Resident

I got a few:
    1). A sealed Lennon/Ono Double Fantasy purchased by my Mom on Dec 8,1980...still has the $5.99 Strawberries sticker on it.
    2), Kinks original stereo red/orange Reprise label Village Green lp in excellent condition signed by Dave & Ray with a pic of them signing as proof, from 1993
    3). Kinks original mono pink/green Reprise label Face To Face lp in excellent condition signed by Dave & Ray with a pic of them signing as proof, from 1993.
    4). Signed David Bowie (CD--oops!) Deram Collection.
    5). Rolling Stones Miss You Pink Vinyl 12"
    6). Plasmatics New Hop LP UK green/yellow splatter vinyl.

Lot of original bootlegs, too many to list.....one Zep of which I bought for $25 and sold a few years ago for $100..

9. EasterEverywhere

EasterEverywhere Forum Resident

10. russk

russk Forum Resident

I got as a gift over Christmas an original RCA Living Stereo Copy of Witches Brew and it is ridiculously near mint and plays almost dead quite. A little noise on the lead in to Night on Bare Mountain is it. Best gift ever

11. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

12. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

In terms of holding its value... Probably this one from Matthew Good:
    Matthew Good - Avalanche »
    CollectorsFrenzy - MATTHEW GOOD Avalanche 2x LP USED hardly Played - SUPER RARE »

It's been going for between $200-400 for several years now, depending on condition. (A sealed one went for $575!!) But most of his original vinyl goes for some money, since the pressings were so limited... I also have Vancouver and Lights Of Endangered Species, both $100-150 records now.

And this one was only sold for one night (New Year's Eve 2013 in Charlotte) so it goes for about $200 now:
    The Avett Brothers - Four Thieves Gone »

This one is gonna keep creeping up until they finally reissue it:
    Counting Crows - Recovering The Satellites »

But due to recent tragedy, this one is probably my most valuable record now. (And bought here on the Classifieds not 2 years ago!)
    CollectorsFrenzy - LP PRINCE THE GOLD EXPERIENCE 1995 PROMOTIONAL HATE U REMIXES ORANGE COLOR VYNIL »
    The Artist (Formerly Known As Prince) - The Gold Experience »

13. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

My mono UK Sgt. Pepper & numbered mono white album, followed by the red Parlophone Love Me Do single.

Gavinyl likes this.
  14. Paul b

Paul b Forum Resident

Not at my vinyl right now, but off the top of my head:

Beatles vs Four Seasons (w/poster), Mono and Stereo copies
    All of the MFSL Beatles
    Lots of the early MFSL LPs, including Meddle and DSOTM
    God Save The Kinks box with all the goods
    Are original Mono + Stereo copies of Satanic Majesty's worth anything?
    Original Dylan On Dylan radio show

15. Finch Platte

Finch Platte Lettme Rundatt Bayou

I have a Rush album that has Rush on one side, CCR on the other.

Also have the Little Roger & The Goosebumps Stairway To Gilligan's Island 45, and the Authorities I Hate Cops 45 somewhere.

16. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

Probably my Led Zeppelin 45 rpm lps/box

17. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

Don't know exact current figures but somewhere between the Beatles Vee Jay era LP or butcher Yesterday and Today cover or MC5's Sinclair annotated LP.

18. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

Dead Kennedys Fresh Fruit U.K. Pressing has to be a good runner up, considering I bought it in new condition at an estate sale for $1.

19. aussievinyl

aussievinyl Appreciator Of Creative Expression

Only one, my original Australian Mono White Album. Top loader with all inserts. However, as it's got some kind of damage/stain on the inside gatefold, the value would go down somewhat. It didn't cost me anything, so perhaps that is the karmic trade off.

20. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

Tons of worldwide Beatles LPs and 45s, but probably the most valuable are:
    Butcher cover 3rd state stereo (excellent peel job)
    Butcher cover 2nd state mono
    Beatles Hottest Hits (Denmark - "Eskimo" cover)

Also The Who (not sure of value):
    My Generation 1st UK pressing Brunswick mono LP
    My Generation UK 45 - Brunswick red promo label

Most surprising to me in terms of value - The Replacements - Let It Be LP - goes for $50 - 75 - I bought it new upon release, unlike the above items

c-eling likes this.
  21. Larry Loves LPs

Larry Loves LPs Forum Resident

WTF. I have never seen anything close to a DK LP at an estate sale. Great find!

Remington Steele likes this.
  22. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

Probably my sealed non bar code Electric Ladyland.

23. Potential Energy

Potential Energy Forum Resident

Beck - Sea Change pink MoFi

Syl Johnson - Dresses too Short & Is it Because I'm Black original pressings

troggy and Vinyl Archaeologist like this.
  24. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Definitely The Beatles and Bob Dylan :

Dylan- "If Not For You" Columbia 10" U.S. acetate- personally owned and used by Dylan during "New Morning" album.
    Dylan- "Greatest Hits II" Columbia 12" U.S. LP acetate of sides 3/4.
    Beatles- "For Sale" U.K. EMI red label, 2 x one-sided LP test pressing discs.
    Beatles- "Meet The Beatles" U.S. Stereo LP w/ no credits... and extremely rare laminated front cover.
    Dylan- "Shot of Love" U.S. LP Precision Lacquer acetate, one-sided 12" disc of side two.
    Beatles- "Hollywood Bowl" rare U.S. Sterling Sound 12" early 1976 LP acetate, w/ six different songs, mixes, and song order with live concert chatter not heard on final 1977 Capitol album.
    "Hollywood Bowl" U.S. Capitol (final) acetate LP for the May, 1977 release.
    Dylan- U.S. 10" Columbia one-sided acetate of "Star of Belle Isle" personally owned and used by Dylan during making of "Self Portrait" album w/different mix, and Dylan studio chatter following take.
    Beatles- "Long & Winding Road" /"For You, Blue" U.S. Bell Sound 10" acetate, from the personal collection of Apple Records promotion manager Peter Bennett.
    George Harrison- "Best of George Harrison" U.S. Capitol 12" acetate LP. Includes a rare production note from Wally Traugott on acetate sleeve.

Various other Beatles/Solo and Dylan acetates, test pressings and promos: 7"/ 8"/ 10"/ 12" discs.

bekayne, Easy-E and timnor like this.
  25. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY...

I assume it's my EXTREMELY RARE ABSOLUTE FIRST UK LP PRESSING (identifiable by the “Basing Street language in the rim text on the label) of Jethro Tull's “AQUALUNG”.

LABEL: Green CHRYSALIS with Island “i” at 12:00 o’clock.
    Rim text includes the Basing Street address.

STAMPERS:

A: (machine stamped) ILPS 9145 A-1U
    (at 9:00 o’clock, “A” / at 3:00 o’clock, “1”)

B: (machine stamped) ILPS 9145 B-3U
    (at 9:00 o’clock, “0” / at 3:00 o’clock, “2”)

A "Stunning" copy from a UK seller sold for $907.00 in 2014 (note link below).

Mine's not "stunning" (though it's in great shape) but, given my experience with buying vinyl from UK sellers :shake:, I'd bet mine's probably in about as good a condition:

popsike.com - Jethro Tull ‘AQUALUNG’ ORIGINAL & IMMACULATE 1971 UK CHRYSALIS RECORD VINYL LP. - auction details »

Given that I have a NM DCC "Aqualung" LP personally autographed to me by Ian Anderson (with a couple of pictures of the two of us commemorating the the event) I probably will part with my UK First at some point.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.