What is your worst concert experience?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by beachboydw, Jul 11, 2013.

1. keyse1

keyse1 Forum Resident

Led Zepplin in the early 70’s In Sydney
    From memory a 20 minute drum solo
    Hid under the grandstand
    Never listened to Led Zepplin since

2. unclefred

unclefred Forum Resident

I went with two friends to see Foghat at their peak. The show was about an hour drive away. Foolishly, we took some windowpane as we started driving. When we got there I was paralyzed with paranoia as I looked at the line of people outside writhing and coiling like an evil serpent. We tried to join the line but each time we stepped out of the car we collapsed under the paranoia and jumped back in. We just stayed in the car and tripped all night. I was really disappointed the next day.

coffeetime, Ma Kelly and uzn007 like this.
  3. blehman

blehman Forum Resident

Actually it became a distribution center/warehouse for The Christmas Tree Shops retail chain. Odd location for a DC........

uzn007 likes this.
  4. uzn007

uzn007 Pack Rat

DC = "Distribution center"? Seems like it makes sense as a location. The Christmas Tree Shops company was (is?) based in Hyannis, and that's the most "industrialized" part of the Cape. If a spot like that opens up in your backyard, you're gonna take it. It doesn't seem like there was a long line of potential buyers looking to keep it alive as an entertainment venue.

5. blehman

blehman Forum Resident

I didn't realize that was where they are based. That makes sense. All I know is the 1983 Ramones/B-52's show I saw at the CCC was a hot sweaty mess, that left me beat up, deaf as post, and yet completely satisfied

Irish-Matti, coffeetime and uzn007 like this.
  6. Mtlennox

Mtlennox Active Member

I saw Hollywood Undead in Baltimore at Rams Head Live. The drummer I guess got too excited and threw his drum stick and knocked some of the lighting out for the stage. Then some guys in the bathroom made the smoke alarm go off in the building and it all just went down hill from there.

coffeetime likes this.