What movies are you seeing this weekend?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tyler, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

Rough weekend for movies. I've heard that "Hollywood Homicide" and "Dumb and Dumberer" are both awful.

Is anyone planning on seeing a new release this weekend?

2. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

We saw Finding Nemo last night. Not bad. Writing wasn't as cleaver as Toy Story though. The short before the flick was damn good though (even with the breast reductions.)

Nothing else new is catching my interest.

3. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I'll finally catch up with Finding Nemo this weekend (Fathers Day).

I would like to see The Matrix Reloaded one more time before it leaves the theaters. Must be quiet during the showings by now.

4. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

I usually spend the summer trying to keep up with the blockbusters, but so far this summer, I've skipped some things in favor of seeing X2, Matrix, and Nemo twice each. I'm not going near either of this week's "big" openings. Maybe I'll finally get around to Bruce Almighty this weekend.

5. Tyler

I may go see The Matrix Reloaded at the IMAX theater in Waikiki.

6. RDK

RDK Active Member

For personal reasons - and although i know this bunch isn't really the target audience - i'm curious if anybody saw (and if so, what they thought of) "2 Fast 2 Furious." Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings... ;)

7. Tyler

I hated the first film, so I'm avoiding the sequel. I am in the target audience (23 year old male).

I saw the original on home video, maybe I lost something not seeing it in a theater with a crowd.

8. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Interesting that you had such a lukewarm response to "Finding Nemo". I saw it with my kids two days in a row, I think I loved it even more the second time around.

This weekend I think we'll see that Rugrats Meets the Wild Thornberrys movie.
    The earlier Rugrats movies were fun family fodder and the first Wild Thornberrys movie was surprisingly good. And I'm not much of a fan of the TV series either.
    Not sure how this one will turn out, but the kids should enjoy it. Gotta catch these things while my oldest daughter still wants to go.
    She's also begging to see "Bruce Almighty" so we might see that too.

Dan C

9. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Wound up seeing "2F2F" today. You're sure I won't hurt your feelings...;) OK, I can say it was better than "Dreamcatcher," which still holds the title of worst film I've seen this year. Faint praise, I know.

Hey, I wasn't expecting Shakespeare, I knew we wouldn't get much of a plot, but even the chase/racing scenes seem obviously choreographed. The opening race scene was the most "in-your-face" scene I've ever seen in a movie, but with the most clean-cut group of young hoodlums since "West Side Story."

I can tell you that the movie went over big with the target audience, especially the humor, such as it is ("Hey, Fonzie!")

10. Tyler

My brother saw Dumb and Dumberer this weekend. He said it wasn't as good as the first, but had a few good laughs. Alright if you want to go to the theater and put your brain on auto-pilot.

11. mhvbear

mhvbear Senior Member

Saw 'The Matrix Reloaded' at the Imax in NYC. Second time for this movie. Certainly the Imax is the way to see a movie. Sound was excellent. The picture was clear and dead on in focus. You could even see the pores in the actors faces. I'm hoping that more mainstream films are released in this format. The next Matrix film will be coming out in Imax format day and date with the standard format.

12. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Just got in from seeing Finding Nemo and it is another hit for Pixar. Stunning just stunning is the word for this movie. The whole family enjoyed it as did the audience.
    Even the wife commented that this was one of the best movies she had seen in awhile.

Fantastic video and audio....its gonna be one hell of a dvd. Glad I own 2 subs cause this one's gonna tax anyones home system.

The countdown to the DVD now begins! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.