What part of a song you wished it never ended?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Airbus, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

It already sounded like Santana (heh heh)...15 more minutes wold have allowed Taylor to really 'stretch out'.

junk likes this.
  2. owsley

owsley Senior Member

The part in Dream I refer to comes in at 8:01. Beautiful jazzy mellotron and piano passage, that sounds very Crimso. Maybe it doesn't work for you? :)
    Regarding Gracious lp, I first heard a radio spot for the lp in 1970 on my local prog FM station and I went nuts (they played Do You Have a Clean Mind and parts of Introduction). I had to have that lp but could not find it anywhere in the record stores in my area, no one had it(!). It was one of the most poorly distributed major label lp's that I know of. I couldn't even find it in the Import racks of any Boston record store for years (they did have the 2nd lp This Is...Gracious however). It wasn't until '77 that I tracked down a UK Vertigo copy from a British seller.

3. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Santana? - that's o.k. too! :righton:

4. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

The opening vamp of Under My Thumb on the Stones '81 tour. Always comes out of Duke Ellington's Take The A Train and that opening riff by Keith and then everyone else starts to join in. They seemed to use it to test out sound levels and check everyone in the mix as heard on many of the live boots and sometimes Mick would run around and the riff would go over and over before he'd start singing. Charlie lays down his hi hat snare beat, Bill's bass snakes in and out and Ian's Stewart and McClagan pound away at the keyboards. Ronnie seemed to just stab at notes weaving in between Keith and the keyboards. The one at Hampton does this for a couple amazing minutes building. Classic opener!

stef1205 and nbadge like this.
  5. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Tony Bank's first solo on Stagnation at around 3:00. I frigging love that solo and its over way too fast.

6. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

Truckin' from the Dead's E72 tour shows. The jam outro just grooves. It's so high energy it intoxicates. Imo, they never duplicated or repeated that groove quite as well.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Beatnik_Daddyo'73 likes this.
  7. John54

John54 Senior Member

Yeah, that's a decent part of the song ... only about a minute long.

Which reminds me, there's a one-minute section of Ritual by Yes (starts at 11:07 on the video I've got up right now) that's one of my favourite short sections that belongs in this thread. 58 seconds long, to be precise.

8. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Ronstadt's "Poor Poor Pitiful Me."

9. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Recently I wish 'Careful With That Axe, Eugene' would run endlessly.

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 likes this.
  10. Airbus

Airbus Forum Resident Thread Starter

The solo at 2.20 min. can easily run for 2 or 3 additional minutes instead of the single
    minute played, sad indeed.

11. owsley

owsley Senior Member

I checked out that Yes Ritual snippet from the lp, very dreamy. Should have been longer. But like a lot of prog, it's just a snippet before it's abandoned and they go on to something else.

12. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

The end of Air Dance by Black Sabbath.

13. junk

junk Hellion

David Gilmour's guitar solo at the end of "Comfortably Numb". Sometimes if I get in a mood I'll play just that part over and over.

14. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Ya know...I was just thinking about that yesterday. I wish some of PJ Harvey's songs were longer. The track "The Dancer" (last on To Bring You My Love) needs an extended jam. Still a fine listen, though.

15. freemanl

freemanl Bass Lover

The Strokeland Superband's 'We Could Make A Cool Hang'. It kills me that the song fades out just when they're sssssmokin'! (beginning at the 3:00 mark)
    I always slowly turn the volume up as the song fades until the last little sound stops. Can't get funkier than that tune.

16. jeffd7030

jeffd7030 I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.

The coda on Layla.
    The outro Tumbling Dice.

tdavis0903 likes this.
  17. Thermionic Dude

Thermionic Dude Forum Resident

Lots of Robin Trower stuff, particularly the 70s albums. There are many great tracks which end with Robin gearing up, only to begin fading-out just as he starts to really burn!

Fortunately, there are a lot of excellent live recordings which don't suffer from this.

18. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Ar 5:40 here:

peter fuller likes this.
  19. Greg Carrier

Greg Carrier Senior Member

I want all the songs I listen to to end. I guess it's kind of an existential thing.

20. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Guitar outro at 4:23 here:

freemanl likes this.
  21. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

The outro at 3:52 here:

22. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

The bridge in "It Can Hapen" by Yes when it gets all Beatle-ey sounding.

drum_cas likes this.
  23. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

24. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

The lowdown, dirty swagger of "Tumbling Dice"...forever.

ExHead likes this.
  25. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

*Ozzy, not Ozzie :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.