What past recordings would make good 5.1 mixes?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TimB, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trhunnicutt

trhunnicutt Member

ROTFLOL

2. Marc Pool

Marc Pool New Member

Steve, could you please inform us on your opinion on the 5.1 remix releases so far.

And do you have an opinion on the argument a lot of MCH lovers use that it sounds more natural.
    I personaly feel that most modern studio recordings are in no way natural to begin with. Maybe in case of live recordings one could create a more natural feel using MCH but with a normal studio recording I don't see much use for it.

3. vex

vex New Member

The pre-release got mostly bad reviews, so back to the mixing board it went. I don't know the full story or the extent of Brian May's involvement. I have heard that a number of the first mix discs were commercially released before production was halted. The packaging between the two releases is identical. The only way to tell if you have the first mix or the second mix is to look at the copyright date on the DVD-A disc itself. If the year is 2001, you have the original mix. If the year is 2002, you have the much improved second mix.

I haven't heard the original mix. The second mix is incredible!

4. TimB

TimB Pop, Rock and Blues for me! Thread Starter

And this is actually being used by the FBI and CIA as an interigation tool against the Al-QUEDA people. 24 hours a day, 7 day's a week, and they crack!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.