What signed records do you have?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Darkdubh, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

Vinyl:
    King Crimson - Beat signed by Tony Levin
    Frank Zappa - In New York signed by Terry Bozzio & Randy Brecker
    Steve Vai - Flaxable leftovers (10'') signed by Steve Vai
    Steve Vai - Where the wild things are - signed by Steve Vai
    Steve Vai - John the revelator (7'') signed by Steve Vai & Phil Bynoe

Cds:
    Many Zappa albums - signed by Terry Bozzio
    Brecker Brothers - Heavy metal Bebop - signed by Terry Bozzio & Randy Brecker
    The lonely Bears - signed by Terry Bozzio
    Steve Hackett - Wolflight signed by Steve Hackett
    Joe Jackson - Blaze of glory - signed by Graham Maby
    All of Mike Keneally's discography - signed by Mike Keneally. Some of them are also signed by Bryan Beller.
    Christian Vander & Stella Vander signed and wrote on my Offering 5 CDs box set.
    Steve Vai - Sex & religion - signed by Steve Vai, Terry Bozzio & TM Stevens

And on a side note:
    DVD of "Starship troopers" signed by Paul Verhoeven
    DVD of "The lord of the rings: The two towers" signed by Christopher Lee

ALL of these (except the Steve Hackett one) were signed in front of me in meet and greets.

2. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

Just about the entire Clarks catalog (I love the Clarks)
    The Supremes - We Remember Sam Cooke, Floy Joy, The 70s Supremes signed by Mary Wilson
    Melanie - Photograph, Stoneground Words, Lowcountry, The Best Of Melanie (and more)
    Poco - Running Horse, Cantamos (and more)
    Cheryl Lynn - Instant Love
    Rosanne Cash - Rhythm & Romance (and more)
    Badfinger - Japanese Apple box set (signed by Joey)
    Leon Russell - DCC Best Of, Concert for Bangla Desh VHS box
    Goo Goo Dolls best of
    Graham Nash box set
    Brandi Carlile - debut and The Story
    Wings Back To The Egg and Wingspan (Lawrence Juber)
    Taylor Dayne Satisfied

3. Jasonb

Jasonb Forum Resident

First Def Leppard LP signed by the band and the Gillan Trouble double single signed by the band. I wasn't there but I picked them up at my local record store. They had 2 of the first Def Leppard LP and I only wanted to check which was the better looking vinyl, then I saw the signatures. The owner didn't mind so as they were both £4 guess which one I bought.

Tree of Life likes this.
  4. hominy

hominy Digital Drifter

Mudhoney - March to Fuzz (3xLP set, black vinyl) Signed by the original band
    Glen Campbell - Hey Little One
    Buck Owens - 'Just for You' special tour LP, signed by Buck
    Several Roger Miller LPs
    The Dynamics with Jimmy Hanna - a local r&b band from the early 60s, signed by all seven players on the album.
    The Sonics - Here Are the Sonics! Original mono press signed by Gerry Roslie
    Our Lady Peace - Live 1995 EP, signed by the band
    The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man, autographed by someone named Joe Bagocus, who was never in The Byrds and might not even be anyone at all...

5. Dr. Mudd

Dr. Mudd Audient

Exposure by Robert Fripp.

Scooter59 likes this.
  6. mahanusafa02

mahanusafa02 Forum Resident

A copy of Jerry Cantrell's Degradation Trip plus a copy of Guitar World from 1996.

7. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

Megadeth - Unplugged signed by Dave Mustaine

8. frimleygreener

frimleygreener "It 'a'int why...it just is"

"Astral Weeks" original vinyl release,signed by George Ivan himself.

Scooter59 likes this.
  9. Jim N

Jim N Forum Resident

Gov't Mule, live... With a little help from our friends - Warren Haynes
    Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet, he and Stu Hamm
    Great White, Sail Away
    Some Pat Travers CD

10. southamorican

southamorican Forum Resident

LPs:
    Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave (signed by the band in 1988)
    Uriah Heep - Live in Moscow (signed by the band in 1989)
    Ramones - Brain Drain (signed by the band in 1990)
    Gillan & Glover - Accidentally on Purpose (signed by Gillan in 1990 & Glover in 1991)
    Deep Purple - Slaves and Masters (signed by Roger Glover & Joe Lynn Turner in 1991)

CDs:
    The Black Crowes - The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion (signed by the band in 1994)
    The Black Crowes - amorica. (signed by the band in 1994)
    Mestre Ambrósio - Mestre Ambrósio (signed by the band in 1997)
    Marcos Valle - Contrasts (signed by the master in 2004)

Coolest signed item I have though is a Fat Freddy's Cat book signed (and drawn on) by Gilbert Shelton!

[​IMG]

These are the ones I got in person... Most at in-store signing sessions in record stores that I worked at. I have a few others that came signed when I bought them, but it's not the same thing...

11. Where do I begin and where do I end?
    Peter Noone(of Herman's Hermits), of course Crystal Gayle, Tommy James, The Turtles, The Guess Who, Eric Burdon, Amy Grant, Flash Cadillac and The Continental Kids, Paul Revere and The Raiders, Little Richard, Martha Davis(of The Motels), (a Doors LP signed by the cast from the movie, Meg Ryan, Val Kilmer), Vicki Lawrence, Nancy Sinatra, The Who, The Association, Duane Eddy, and so on.

12. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

The Chameleons cd's
    Script Of The Bridge
    and a few others

Slowdive's Souvlaki cd

And a bunch by Legendary Pink Dots

13. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Stiff Little Fingers - Nobody's Heroes LP - Bought off a guy who was selling off his record collection due to a cross country move.

Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive CD - Signed for me while working on "Almost Famous" for which Frampton was the rock band consultant.

Rickie Lee Jones - The Magazine - purchased at my fab local recird store here in L.A. for a totally normal priced used record. It's inscribed to an employee of the recird company.

Echo and the Bunnymen - Songs to Learn and Sing LP - Same kind of purchase as the RLJ LP. The record store owner said he was present when his friend had it signed way back when.

John Fogerty - Eye of the Zombie LP - Gift from a friend.

Peter Holsapple and Chris Stamey - Mavericks and Here and Now CDs - signed for me in person following a gig at McCabe's Guitar Shop in L.A.

Steve Forbert - Just Like There's Nothin' to It CD - Signed in person at McCabe's.

The Roches - Why the Long a Face & Zero Church CDs - Another McCabes signing, in this case only Suzzy and Maggie Roche, Terre couldn't be there, but....

Terre Roche - The Sound of a Tree Falling CD - purchased directly from her website, not only signed but also came with a hand written thank
    you note!

Jenny Lewis - Jenny and Johnny CD - Pre-Signed at an Ameoba Records in-store concert appearance.

Len Bright Combo CD (Wreckless Eric's second band) - Purchased online with no additional cost for the autograph.

And my real treasure:

The completely fictitious first Stillwater album "To Begin With" from 1969 as seen in Cameron Crowe's film " Almost Famous" for which I designed the cover. It's signed by all the actors playing Stillwater (Billy Crudup, Jason Lee, Mark Kozelek, and John Fedovich) using their character names as well as Patrick Fugit signing as William Miller, rock consultant Peter Frampton, Director Cameron Crowe, photographer Neal Preston, and the album's "Producer" the legendary Glyn Johns. This last autograph was obtained while I worked on the Disney kids film "The Country Bears" for which John produced the music by John Hiatt. If you watch the film you'll find me playing David Bowie's manager hustling him through the Cleveland Hotel lobby scene, a most memorable day!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    stevemoss, OberonOz, dlm1129 and 6 others like this.
  14. fab432

fab432 “To the toppermost of the poppermost, Johnny!”

Please Please Me red label Parlophone single signed January 24th, 1963 at Brian Epstein's NEMS record shop. One of only a few copies known to have been signed at the store on that day.

Dr.O'Boogie, MerseyBeatle and Troyh like this.
  15. robertk

robertk Forum Resident

Phillip Glass "Einstein on the Beach". I would definately want some big money for it.

16. Another Steve

Another Steve Senior Member

[​IMG]

Charlie signed it for my six-year old son at a meet & greet before a concert.

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  17. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I forgot about this one. Reason? My son actually got all four members, Mustaine, Broderick, Ellfson, & forgot the drummers name's autographed on an CD, his laminated pass and a poster. I bought him a Meet & Greet ticket for his 15th birthday years ago.

18. Hey Vinyl Man

Hey Vinyl Man Another bloody Yank down under...

Indigo Girls - Swamp Ophelia...All vinyl copies came with all songs listed on the label on one side; the other label was blank and autographed. I guess I can't prove Amy and Emily really signed it, but I have no reason to doubt it. (Having never seen another copy, I have nothing to compare it to.)

The ones I do know are for real because I was there when they were signed:
    Tom Paxton - Ramblin' Boy (I met him in 2000, and he didn't bat an eye at my presenting him with an LP from 1964 - he probably thought it was my parents'. It wasn't, I don't think they'd ever heard of him.)
    Lui Collins - Made in New England (the rare Fretless pressing - she didn't bat an eye over it either, but it did impress her younger singing partner, whose name I forget...evidently he had never seen that version of it).
    Fred Small - Love's Gonna Carry Us (He spotted me halfway down the line of waiting fans and said, "Oh my God, it's an LP!" When I handed it to him, he took a fond look at it as if he hadn't seen a copy in years.)
    Tony Bird s/t (I had, by then, impressed him when he announced he was going to sing a song from said album and I applauded...he'd looked surprised that anyone knew thee song, so I picked up the album and waved it.)
    Bob Franke - Brief Histories (He signed it, but didn't look very happy about it. I chalked his brusqueness up to the fact that he had a cold that night - but he put on a great show in spite of that - but later on I learned that he was in the midst of a divorce at the time. The cover of that album features a photo of his daughter in what must have been far happier times. Whoops.)
    Cris Williamson - Strange Paradise (While signing it, she asked me, "So how many thrift shops did you need to visit to find that?!" The answer: too many to count, but it was worth it! I remember being tempted to joke that although I wasn't the only man in the audience, I was probably the only one who had dragged my girlfriend there instead of the other way around. But I didn't.)

19. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

I've got a Pipkins DVD signed by Hartley Hare (and some bloke called Nigel who must work with him or something).

AJK74 likes this.
  20. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

That's fantastic! One of my favourite films, I'm incredibly jealous. Would love to see a picture of the album if possible?

21. SKBubba

SKBubba Forum Resident

Leon Russell (Will O' The Wisp signed Leon Russell, Hank Wilson's Back signed Hank Wilson).

Root Boy Slim, Left for Dead.

22. I have a few:

Waiting for the Sun, signed by Ray Manzarek and Robbie Kreiger
    The Butts Band signed by Robbie Kreiger and John Densmore

Those two are my absolute favorites as I was a huge Doors fan back in the day (still am). I got Robbie and Ray at a meet and greet at the Rock Hall when the Doors exhibit opened. I got Johns a couple of years later also at the Rock Hall during a book signing. Also got a signed copy of his book The Doors Unhinged.

Others that I have acquired over the years:
    Dada Live, signed by all 3 members of the band. This was a special live CD recorded at and burned right at the concert. I prepaid and they mailed me a copy with the signatures.
    Paul Thorn Band have several of Paul's CD's signed right after I bought them at the end of his shows.
    The Clarks, I have a CD signed by all members of the band as part of a promotion of a pre-release several years ago.
    The Root Doctors signed by the Root Dr. himself. This was a gift from a friend.
    Iron City House Rockers - Love So Tough signed by Joe Grushecky after he gave a talk at the Rock Hall about music in education. (when not rocking, Joe is a special ed teacher)

That is all I can remember right now.

Rick G

23. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

This is probably the most unique one here. wow

24. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Off the top of my head:
    "Driving Rain" Paul McCartney
    "Chaos and Creation" Paul McCartney
    (Both are in person autographs.)
    "Valotte" Julian Lennon
    "Frampton Comes Alive" Frampton
    "Fire On the Mountain" Charlie Daniels
    "Pronounced Lynard Skynard" Post crash..all members.
    "Willie Live" Willie Nelson
    "Nils Lofgrin" Nils Lofgrin
    "Revolver" Klaus Vorman
    "Sunshine Superman" Donavon
    "Marty Robbins" Marty Robbins
    "Knockers Up" Rusty Warren
    "Season of Hell" Yoko Ono
    "Back to the Egg" Denny Laine and Lawrence Jubor
    "Straight Up" Mike Gibbons, Joey Molland
    "Meet the Rutles" Neil Innes
    "Fogarty's Last One" John Fogarty
    "All This Useless Beauty" Elvis Costello
    I have a few more and will check when I get home. These are all (excepting Marty Robbins) are 'in person' autographs.

Smxx777 likes this.
  25. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

"Ben Hur" Soundtrack: Charlton Heston

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.