What's the issue with Traffic's Shootout at the Fantasy Factory CD offered by Amazon?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by 905, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 905

905 Senior Member Thread Starter

2. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

Dunno for sure, but maybe they're shipping an older version when people buy on this listing for the 2003 reissue.

From the site (emphasis mine):

"While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)"

Just last week I ordered a book from Amazon and a different edition arrived than the one pictured.

jjm905 likes this.
  3. ralphk

ralphk Ain’t gonna work on Maggie’s farm no more

I once ordered a John Lee Hooker CD, the Complete 50's Chess Sessions, and received the wrong CD (Kenny G's Greatest Hits).

I talked to customer service staff twice on the phone. They tried to reship the right CD each time, but I kept getting Kenny G. because of how it was warehoused. These were from 3rd party sellers but shipped from Amazon.

The second rep I talked to flagged it with a note similar to what you posted. I had to order it from a 3rd party who shipped from his location.

4. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Probably the wrong disc or version of it. The track listing indicates that Roll right Stones is only 11 minutes long. The remastered version is corrected and is over 13 minutes long. I would look for the remastered version with the correct version of the song and not buy this one.

5. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Interesting - my recently obtained new CD "On The Road" by Traffic was literally unplayable. I've really only seen that a couple of times before (the US Sony Jimi Hendrix core catalogue CD + DVD editions CDs all had severe problems and an early copy of The Who Sell Out single CD remix). I wonder if this is related to the Amazon edict.

6. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Wow, you got the complete opposite of what you ordered!

7. I'm the reason behind the message on Amazon.com. I ordered the CD twice from them, received the wrong version both times, got on the phone with them, notified them of the problem, and got a refund.

The CD that they're offering is not the 2003 remaster, it is the Island Masters version which uses the shorter version of "Roll Right Stones" and remixed "Uninspired." The issue arises from the fact that the 2003 remaster uses the same exact barcode as the original CD release (042284278126).

It baffles me why Island Records didn't use a new barcode (starting with "731454...") like they did for the other CDs in the US Traffic Remasters series.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Lost In The Flood likes this.
  8. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Amazingly, the new 2017 copy contained within the brand-new Traffic '5 Classic Albums' boxed set has reverted once more to the version containing the shorter Roll Right Stones.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.