What's the most you've ever paid for a collectible?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by helter, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's about what I paid for the Elvis CD here in the Classifieds.

Paid around $100 for the 1985 Apple W German DMM white vinyl pressing of The White Album. Worth every penny. A beauty. (Purchased the 2 LP set also here in the Classifieds.)

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

you betcha...I invested in the limited edition Genesis UK Pubs. leather bound Beatles related books...worth much more than the original pre order pricing....it was a smart move.:)

3. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

I knew you loved the Allmans Mike but I never realised how much. Ouch.

Think my max has been about $125 though if I got it into my head that I wanted a copy price wouldn't stop me if I had the funds.

4. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Now that is what I call a collector.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Ewen, take a look at what you get though : 15 nights X 3 CDs + 1 Bonus CD and a real wood box, and booklet. :thumbsup:

LINK : http://www.hittinthenote.com/cart/p...009-beacon-box-setbr15-concerts-62-guest.aspx

6. I bought a sealed copy of MFSL Queen News of the World for about $120 AUD on eBay from a seller from Germany. This is the most I have ever paid for a CD. I held onto it for about a year and then sold it (still sealed) recently on eBay to a buyer in Australia for $150 AUD.

I'm not a collector.

7. Hey Vinyl Man

Hey Vinyl Man Another bloody Yank down under...

$500 for a 45 of "In the Still of the Nite" by the Five Satins, on the original Standord Records label. I've heard the number of surviving copies is believed to be less than 30. If so, the price was fine with me.

8. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

Thanks. I'll post a pic here. I also have a Mick Jagger signed microphone. My mom bought me that for my birthday.

Only if I could then insert a Mick Taylor signature. :cheers:

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4382.jpg

9. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

That is a really very nice Sticky Fingers display. And Andy Warhol's sig!! A special one! Congrads.

10. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

$65 or $70 for the 12" Nina Hagen & Giorgio Moroder New York, New York w/the German version on side B. I don't think I've spent more than that for any music in my stash.

Attached Files:

11. Blu Falcon

Blu Falcon New Member

$2000 for a Sideshow Weta Balrog

[​IMG]

12. About 8 years ago I spent $100 US for the Criterion "THIS IS SPINAL TAP" DVD.

I was fine to spend that much at the time cause I was doing ok finacially and really wanted it.

Recently tried to sell it for $60 US on ebay and got no bids after three weeks so the value seems to have gone down!

:sigh:

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

:biglaugh:

14. helter

helter Forum Resident Thread Starter

That's very cool looking, but what is a "sideshow weta balro" ?

15. Simon F.

Simon F. Formerly Mister Yesterday

$60 dollars for an original German print of Songs In The Key Of Life.
    Seeing as how most of my records are used and usually come up to 3-40 dollars...

16. Blu Falcon

Blu Falcon New Member

17. caupina

caupina Forum Resident

In 2005 I paid USD 60 for Wham's "Make it Big" SACD:hide::whistle:

Aftermath likes this.
  18. What's so funny?

19. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Paid $600 each for a 'Ming Dynasty Swatow bowl' and a 'Ming Dynasty plate'.

Both are about as mint as can be, in great shape. They are the real thing (70%+ are fakes). They were found buried in the ground with a Ming 'dragon vase' that was unfortunately totally crushed in. The vase would of been worth a small fortune. Purchased them from a family member.

20. Michael

after reading this thread I'm glad I bought all my GOLD CDs on street date more and more...

21. Michael

yea, inquiring minds want to know?

22. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

The most I paid? 5 minutes ago I paid $50 for a RL Led Zeppelin II.

23. Trompeta

Trompeta Well-Known Member

My most expensive music collectible was a Ringo Starr head nodder / bobble head statue from the Beatlemania era. It was $75 from the Goodwill's "Collectibles" section about 7 years ago. But he looks kind of pitiful sitting on the shelf without the other guys, so I figured I would just hold onto it until ol' Ringo dies - pretty grim huh? :evil:

I'll say - I bought that last month from Second Spin for around $30.

Oh man, that is sooooo cool! I can't believe I never bought that set. I assume that was a secondary market price?

24. Saint Johnny

Saint Johnny Forum Resident

I paid $3,700.00 for a mint minus condition, one owner, 1991 Honda CRX Si, last summer.

25. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

No major bucks, but about 7 or 8 years ago I bid on a lot of 8-track tapes because it included The Stooges Fun House, which has to be one of the all time rarest carts, not to mention one of my all time favorite albums. (note the alternate cover) I ended up paying nearly $100 for the lot, but it included a copy of the Sex Pistols Never Mind the Bollocks (sought after, but much more common) and the Ramones Rock and Roll High School. Yes, 8-tracks :laugh:
    [​IMG]
    I also paid about $125 for the signed limited edition Flaming Lips book Waking up With a Placebo Headwound a few years ago.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.