What's up with dissing Don Henley?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jkauff, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry the Horse

Henry the Horse Active Member

It is a very good book.

2. Galaga King

Galaga King "Drive where the cops ain't"

3. Don's a legend in his own mind.
    [​IMG]

4. peteham

peteham Senior Member

All this talk of Don got me to listen to "On The Border". His vocal on "You Never Cry Like A Lover" is sublime. Gifted dude.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I have known multiple people who've dealt professionally with the Eagles over the years. Not one of them has anything particularly nice to say about Henley or Frey. They talk about these guys in the same way they talk about Paul Simon (to name another famous musician not well loved by those who have to deal with him).

6. Master Shake

Master Shake Forum Resident

.....and you do realize the phrase "right wing extremist" is used by leftists to make them sound worse than they are?

Pot, meet Kettle.

7. Master Shake

Master Shake Forum Resident

But they do not subscribe to "Do as I say, not as I do." as Mr. Henley seems to do.

Are they pretensious, yes. Hypocritical, no. Henley's problem is he does not live up to his own high standards. I can stand much but hypocrasy is a particularly ugly sin.

I say this owning every Eagles album and every Don Henley solo album. I will likely continue to listen. I do not care for him as a person but I am not hiring him as a spiritual guide either.

He is a talented hypocrite, a very talented one but if I could spend 5 minutes with Joe Walsh or 5 hours with Henley, that would be a no-brainer. Besides, Joe Walsh certainly does not take himself too seriously.

I used to think Mojo Nixon was an **** for not liking Henley.

Now, I realize that Mojo pretty much has it figured out.

At one tme I would have killed to have met him. Now, I would avoid him.

8. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Sorry guys, but I think we need to close this thread. Let's just say that it hasn't really been focused on music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.