What's with the late shipments from ImportCDs lately?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by cds23, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

My order got cancelled but the money was never refunded. I had to request a refund to get the money back.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

How much time passed between the cancellation, and your request ?

3. cds23

cds23 Accidentally slowing the forum down with huge pics Thread Starter

My (pre-)order of the latest 4 Blue Note XRCDs got cancelled to, at least I was refunded immediately. Ok, you're gonna think I'm mental, but I dared an experiment: I immediately reordered the 4 XRCDs at ImportCDs - this time not as one, but two orders, each containing two. I need to check if they get shipped without any problems, after being told they were out of stock, when they clearly weren't and still ain't. If they don't ship, I'll have them cancelt he order once again and order at Amazon - I'll have to pay a bit more but save the trouble.

EDIT: In their cancellation email they wrote that after 21 days orders which do not get processed get cancelled automatically... (Which is totally dumb, since I pre-ordered the CDs on January 7th, but the CDs were only available on January 21st, so basically only a week has passed without any further change in order status....this means you can't pre-order anything from ImportCDs more than 2 weeks before release, 'cause you might wind up worse than the regular dude who takes his chance on ordering on the exact release date or even later)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

It was about a month, maybe more. I was never notified that my order was cancelled, even on my website account it did not indicate that my order was cancelled.

5. Myke

That blows. Thanks for the warning.

6. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Yes, as Bob F answered above. You won't see the price reduction until you get to the very last page though, after you've entered your shipment & payment info, where you have to click the place order (or whatever) button and it has a summary of the charges for you to review.

But I want to add a warning for ya about ordering from Amazon UK - their packaging is atrocious. They ship things in thin quasi-stiff paper envelopes with zero padding. I have no idea how the stuff I've ordered usually arrives in one piece. YMMV of course. I keep leaving them negative packaging feedback and ask that they package things securely like Amazon US but it makes no difference. Since the savings on some of the releases I buy is quite substantial over the "import" USA prices I still order from them and keep my fingers crossed.

nesboy43 and Bob F like this.
  7. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

I ordered Los Lobos 'By the Light of the Moon' MOFI SACD from Import through Amazon on the 19th and received it yesterday the 27th.

It's all good.

8. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

+1 ...and don't expect CDs to come shrinkwrapped or sealed. A large percentage of the jewel cases I've received from Amazon UK have arrived cracked or scuffed. (However, if you notify them of such damage, they will happily send out replacement cases free of charge.)

9. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

I should qualify this by saying that's for items sold directly by Amazon.co.uk. I've been told that UK marketplace sellers do not necessarily follow this practice.

10. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Yes, there are no VAT reductions for CDs sold by marketplace sellers at .UK.

Bob F likes this.
  11. nesboy43

nesboy43 Forum Resident

Hopefully nothing happens to my box set, if something does maybe I can convince Amazon US to exchange it. That's too bad though, I'm hoping for the best. The same set would have been 120 USD from the US so I bought it for half the price by using Amazon UK.

12. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I ordered seven discs last week -- all present and accounted for!

My only quibble with Import is that their single-disc mailers are so tightly bound they sometimes squish dikipaks flat, to the point where the spine is vertically creased. I've never had a problem with an actual disc, knock wood.

13. cds23

cds23 Accidentally slowing the forum down with huge pics Thread Starter

Guess what, my order got shipped after all.

14. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

I don't know for sure, but I suspect all the problems/confusion have to do with adding another warehouse for shipping purposes.

15. Electric

How would YOU know? :winkgrin:

16. Electric

My Sonny Clark XRCD just shipped. Still shows out of stock at the site.

17. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

Painfully slow. I ordered something a week ago, nothing happened for 2 days, and now my package (it finally showed up on the tracking website! 4 days after it was shipped!) seems to be going on a tour of the country.

18. Myke

You're not alone my friend.
    UPS Mail Innovations, DHL, USPS Media Mail, they're all as slow as a snail on a sedative.
    My Best Buy order has been slowly inching it's way to me for 11 days now. It sat in a Philadelphia post office for 6 days.
    Personally, I've cut out any retailer that doesn't use either First Class USPS, actual UPS, or actual Fed Ex.
    Sure, I know it'll cost me a bit more in some cases, but I too, am tired of my packages travelling more than I do.
    Amazon, Bull Moose, Barnes & Noble all make me happy, so that's who gets my shekels now.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  19. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

I ordered a Lucinda LP and when she pulled up my gravel driveway the car was wavy and warped. So I sent her back with tracking as she was 2 Kool 2 Be 4-Gotten. Importcd's dispatched another and she finally rolled up again this time in better shape.

They need better packaging for LP's!

20. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

Never again will I order from ImportCDs. Price is good, but I want the music now, or at least this week. Not next month.

Myke likes this.
  21. Myke

My 5 Criterion Blu rays showed up in a box that was battered so badly, the postman apologized !!!! Open on both ends, the Blu rays just thrown into a box way too big, with some crumpled up brown paper. That's it. Another retailer done.
    Just removed my credit card info. from their site too.

22. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

I agree with all these complaints and comments. However, I'd note that if your order exceeds $150, they usually upgrade to UPS or Fedex Ground. Shorter shipping time and the items are usually packed better. YMMV.

Myke likes this.
  23. Electric

I've had these same issues with Amazon, but fortunately not yet with ImportCDs.

24. Myke

Mine was Best Buy ( cont. from above )

25. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

They must just not like me then. My order was $168, and it's stuck in USPS limbo.

Myke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.