What's with the late shipments from ImportCDs lately?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by cds23, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jae

Jae Senior Member

eelkiller likes this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

See ? All DHL does is take your package, and delay it for a few days, because you just can't be getting your packages too fast !!! :tsk:

heepsterandrey likes this.
  3. Myke

November 7th - turns West, goes 476 miles to Memphis !!!! [​IMG]

4. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Stop! You're gonna hurt yourself. I know it's pretty frustrating, but the only reason Deep Discount and Import CDs exist is to feed the distrib business of the parent company (Super D), as far as I can tell.

Myke likes this.
  5. Myke

But why did I click on the Import CDs link in @IconoclassicRecs 's post ??? Why didn't I just go to Amazon, where I'm a Prime member ?
    DHL. I've had packages from Japan and Germany get here faster than anything from DHL in my own country.
    This is my fault. I knew better, but Noooooooooooooo. :rant:

6. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

DHL no longer does UPS/Fedex type deliveries in this country. They got out a few years ago. I'm guessing that this retarded DHL Global Mail thing is just a way to have some sort of income stream here.

7. Myke

Yes I know, what I can't fathom is why they, and UPS Surepost exist. Seriously. They act as a middleman, where one wasn't needed, and they both only slow things down to a crawl. So they must be cheaper to deal with than straight UPS, Fed Ex, or even USPS...which is who DHL & Surepost hand off to eventually anyway.

We need a picture of a USPS employee saying " and you thought WE sucked ! " :laugh:

8. Myke

This is Classic. :thumbsup:

905, JETman and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  9. Myke

10. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

As he throws a pile of boxes into puddles created by melted snow on some side street in middle America :laugh:

Myke likes this.
  11. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I ordered Neil Diamond's latest from them via Amazon on 11/10. It's been sitting in KY since 11/13. I sent them an e-mail asking them to look into this for me and the reply was "contact us if not received by 11/25". I ordered the same CD for my Dad on the same day and his arrived last week. We both live in the same state.

12. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I just checked USPS tracking and guess what arrived at my PO today? :)

13. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

At least you get tracking. My $200 order is somewhere between here and I don't know where.

14. Myke

Seriously...not being confrontational, totally sincere...is whatever you saved worth this aggravation ? Really ?

15. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

For me, it's not that big a deal, even though I may have sounded like it was. I order a lot from CDJapan and have no tracking either. If I'm not impatient then there's no aggravation and the savings are worth it, to answer your question. It gets here when it gets here. Tracking would be nice though, and I can appreciate it when someone gets worried about an overdue shipment.

Myke likes this.
  16. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

An in stock order I placed last week sat there for 5 days before it was filled. Usually I get a shipment confirmation 24 hours after I place my order.

17. George P

George P Notable Member

Anyone know when importcds usually sends pre-orders? Do they ship on release date or ahead of time?

18. Myke

It really won't matter since they use DHL > USPS. Seriously, you're not going to get anything on the day it's released from them. They're used for their prices, not their shipping speed.

19. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I recently ordered a Hall & Oates CD for a co-worker through ImportCD via Amazon. I recieved a message from Amazon stating my address wasn't correct (same one they've sent mant packages to for some time). I contacted the PO about this and you can assume how that went. Anywhos, I tried to e-mail ImportCd about all of this and received automated responses each time. The package was returned to their facility in KY and now I'm being ignored. I will be contacting them by phone later today.

I'm def done with this company.

20. Complier

Complier Senior Member

Called ImportCDs and the rude person wouldn't even listen to my issue since I bought it off Amazon. I filed a transaction dispute with my credit card company.

21. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

The question is: why isn't Amazon resolving this? They should be since technically they are sponsoring the whole marketplace set-up and are responsible for all issues having to do with it.

22. George P

George P Notable Member

They have resolved issues for me, but only when I have filed an A to Z request.

23. Complier

Complier Senior Member

The delivery date is still within the "delivery window" even though the CD was returned to Import CDs because of "incorrect address" and A-Z is not applicable until after the delivery period.. I can only imagine what really happened to this package.

24. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Amazon takes a cut of sales through the marketplace because they are offering a service to the sellers -- customer service, specifically. They aren't getting a cut for nothing and definitely not because they're "purty". If I were you, I would send an email through the order (with order number included) to Amazon customer service explaining your situation exactly. I can't see how they wouldn't offer a solution that would make you happy. If there's no link through your order, go to the help section and send an email from there including your order number in the subject line. I know it's a pain in the neck, and believe me we've all been there, but it should be worth the effort.

25. George P

George P Notable Member

Sorry to hear that. I have had problems with orders placed directly amazon (not third party sellers) and they were resolved in minutes. It's a shame that they can't offer the same level of service to people who buy from third party sellers. (And I do 99% of my amazon shopping with third party sellers.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.