what's yer favorite vinyl color?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 93curr, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EasterEverywhere

EasterEverywhere Forum Resident

Other than the aforementioned Klark Kent,I have a bunch of green vinyl records.I have a couple of those Estrus limited edition color vinyl records from Man Or Astroman? that are green vinyl,the German green vinyl pressing of REM's Green,the US UA green vinyl 45 of ELO's "Telephone Line",and maybe a couple more I can't recall.

Another vote for red vinyl for me!:edthumbs:

2. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

I used to collect colored vinyl too, and I have many including a promo pink copy of "Think Pink" by The Fabulous Poodles. Kinda looks like Pepto Bismol. The marbled effect on "Sgt. Pepper's" is also pretty cool. My green "Abbey Road" looks great but sounds horrible. The colored Beatles Red, Blue and White albums (German DMM imports) are some of the best sounding vinyl I own. But I think the coolest looking is the clear Synergy album I have. The MFSLs and many Japanese pressings look black, but when you hold them up to a light, you can see through them - and they look either dark brown or burgundy.

3. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

I like this red, white, and blue colored set for The Who's Isle Of Wight '70 concert recording. image.jpg

4. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

The vinyl edition of the Beatles' boot "Revolution... Take Your Knickers Off!" is probably the most unattractive, vomit-looking LP ever - puke-green with multicolored splotches. :p

Colored vinyl seems to be big with boots recently - I've bought a number of new ones (mainly Pink Floyd) only to be surprised when I took them out of the cover and they were orange or green.

5. Transparent marbled purple, like the Pink Dust reissue of the first Flaming Lips mini-LP.
    [​IMG]

levi likes this.
  6. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

My pink Jane Mansfield LP is my favorite. This one too;

[​IMG]

7. Bill Shaw

Bill Shaw Member

A Record Store Day Release of the Soundtrack for Dazed and Confused. Advertised as Marijuana color.

dazed_and_confused_2.jpg

8. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

this

9. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Never saw those Steve. Do you have a photo to share?
    The new Paramount set from Third Man Records look incredible. I bet it will be out of reach for many price-wise. :(

10. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Nope, sorry.

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The new Gov't Mule album, Shout, features one slab in red, while the second is orange.

12. Led9

Led9 Forum Resident

Is it true that virgin vinyl in it's raw form is not really black? I was told that black dye is actually added to make it black. Also, can one assume that any colored vinyl is virgin vinyl or can colored vinyl also be non-virgin and recolored??

13. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

gold, white and clear.

14. Lpone

Lpone Forum Resident

Red, white and lime green

15. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I realize this post is several years old by now, but since no one corrected it yet I believe you are confusing titles. The UK Let It Be was done in white vinyl not green. The UK Abbey Road was done in green. I have them both (but found these photos online). France pressings I don't know.

My vote is for the translucent green, and clear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

groovelocked likes this.
  16. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

My fave colored records have been brightly colored swirls or white.

Here are a few nicer ones I have that I've framed temporarily (and some 45's across the top).
    [​IMG]

c-eling, WhoTapes1 and applebonkerz like this.
  17. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Favourite vinyl colour?

Beige or off-white for shingles on the side of the house.

For records?

Basic black.

18. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Very cool, that really looks nice in a display like that. I know that I would be obsessing about the 45s collecting dust and grime if they were hung that way at my place, but the LPs in frames would be great. It sure took a lot of patience and skill to hang all that so perfectly. :righton:

groovelocked likes this.
  19. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Thanks. A laser level helps. I have 40 framed album covers on the opposite wall, a laser level was a must-have. I just painted this wall and had all the 45s down, they didn't need dusted after being up there 4 or 5 yrs already. I wasn't planning to put them back up but the room seemed nekkid without 'em, like that ledge was meant for such a thing.

applebonkerz likes this.
  20. LeeGriffin

LeeGriffin Forum Resident

My favorite is a Miles Davis promo for Sugar Ray/Little High People (take 7). It's clear vinyl but has a hint of blueish green like an old glass coke bottle.

I also like the lilac vinyl of Nick Drake's Bryter Layter. Pretty sure it's a bootleg but it looks nice.

21. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I don't have a favorite color really, although I do appreciate colored vinyl. What I like best is when the color matches the album art or some other thematic element.

groovelocked likes this.
  22. piepants

piepants Forum Resident

Transparent orange

The only example I have is the Soundgarden- Before the Doors: Live on I-5 10"

So beautiful

23. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Fuchsia
    Teal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.