What's your favorite song?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tiendat7, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scroopy Noopers

Scroopy Noopers Forum Resident

Scatman (Ski Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop) by Scatman John

2. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

+1

Monosterio likes this.
  3. FrankenStrat

FrankenStrat Forum Resident

Absolutely no contest, for me it's Rescue Me by Fontella Bass. Sublime doesn't even come close to describing it.

4. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Kate Wolf - Across The Great Divide

5. John Adam

John Adam An Introvert In Paradise

Really, even a tougher question than what is your favorite food? There are so many ingredients that make up a favorite song, as well as your favorite dish. I enjoy REM, this is my favorite song by them........"Fall On Me."

6. Tom Holvey

Tom Holvey Forum Resident

7. John Adam

John Adam An Introvert In Paradise

One of the best and most engaging songs ever!

Tom Holvey likes this.
  8. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Ok,I have a personal top one hundred of all time and the no.one song is still-Girl[Why You Wanna Make Me Blue-1964-The Temptations].

9. Alf.

Alf. Forum Resident

As I walk this land of broken dreams.........

10. John54

John54 Senior Member

I just listened to all three of those. Not bad! All of them have characteristics that put them above average in my opinion. The last was a little amateurish but I know that's their style. I have material by all three bands: one CD each by the latter two and a 12", Nobody's Twisting Your Arm, by Wedding Present (and I believe another track or two on a compilation back in the early '90s, or even earlier).

The one song I absolutely LOVE which is by one of the three artists, albeit under a different guise, and which is a contender for my favourite song of all time (although it has a few dozen rivals) is Dance Girl Dance by Cinerama (a. k. a. Dave Gedge of the Wedding Present, and friends):

11. teag

teag Forum Resident

I call your name.

12. Gersh

Gersh Forum Resident

A hard question. I can't really pick one, but contenders are Undun (Guess Who), My Back Pages (Byrds cover), Pinball Wizard or The Overture from Tommy, You Can't Do That (Beatles), When You Walk In The Room (Jackie deShannon). Sunshine of Your Love (Cream). Red House (the live Berekley version, Hendrix).

In folk, Changes by Phil Ochs.

In pop, To Sir With Love (Lulu) or one of Petula Clark's songs.

In soul, Aretha's Respect.

In country, Ode To Billie Joe, or any one of a number of Willie Nelson or Johnny Cash songs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.