Wheels of Fire - Steve thank you!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by btomarra, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile Thread Starter

Well, amusicdirect is known for prices for gold discs that are higher than most websites. Yet, I found a factory sealed Wheels of Fire for only $10 over what it originally cost new when it came out.

It arrived today. I opened it up, put on disc one, waited for the total track count....and.....................drumroll please..............................................13! Yes, I got the US version.

Of course I would love it just as much if it was the Japanese pressing. Steve, you've done it again! Another highlight to my collection. White Room never sounded better. Haven't listened to all of it yet, but looking forward to it. Your CDs are gentle to my ears. Not the modern sounding remastering where the key word always seems to be LOUD!

Thanks,

Brian

Below is the link if anyone else is interested. They appear to have some still in stock.

http://www.amusicdirect.com/products/swsearch.asp?dmSearchBy=Title&srch=wheels+of+fire&B1=GO

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Glad you found one.

Don't worry about the loudness of the disc being somehow "less quiet" than anything else.

Trust me here, there is some point on every one of the louder songs that the absolute zero peak is hit. On the quieter songs, no, as it should be, right?

Have fun listening! :)

3. James RD

James RD Senior Member

Thanks, Brian! I just nabbed one. I've been looking for this for quite a while. :thumbsup:

4. btomarra

James,

The shipping runs on the high side but they have excellent customer service. In fact, when I found one of their CDs advertised for less somewhere else and gave them the phone number or web address, they matched the price!

They'll even give you the tracking number so you could track the shipping on the UPS website. Glad to help.

Brian

5. btomarra

Thanks Steve.

I will defintely have fun listening.

Brian

6. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

And great listening you will have!:thumbsup:

As a Cream fan, I always felt FRESH was their beginning and artistic end as a tight rock'n'blues band. Steve made that one even better, and with WHEELS, forced me to listen to it with new ears and appreciation, even if "Toad" is still kinda hard to take in length if not in spirit:D

Yet I can understand why a lurker or newbie might come in, browse the site, and think there's a "Cult Of Steve". Understandable, because when a member finally hears a title that's been raved about often, and is hard to find, then gets to really hear it in all its beauty and nuance, how can he not say "Thanks, Steve?" What else is there to say, other than....great, great job!

BTW, I only seem like a COS charter member; really, I've only been aware since, oh, 1984...maybe before that. Time flies...

ED:cool:

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

It's been said before...I am AMAZED at "White Room" an outstanding debut for the DCC Gold's!!!

8. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

My copy arrived last Saturday and I had one of the best weekends in recent memory! " Atonal apples, and amplified heat!" I was knocked out by how great this set sounds. Even though I wasn't lucky enough to score a "bonus alternate mixes" version, I know that I have heard the definitive "Wheels Of Fire" and I couldn't be happier about it--one of my favorite albums of all time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.