When Pigs Fly Comp

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mike V, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike V

Mike V New Member Thread Starter

Has anyone heard this disc? It's a new comp of (I think) newly recorded material from older artists. Here are the examples that stuck out for me:

The Fixx - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
    Don Ho - Shock The Monkey (no, I wish I were kidding)

Does anyone have this disc? It looks like a riot!

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Sounds like that Party Killer's CD! :D

3. Mike V

Yeah, not for sharing with the group :eek:

4. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I was going to buy it. CSNY's "Ohio" covered by Devo piqued my interest! :cool:

5. RDK

RDK Active Member

Oooh, I LOVE this kind o' stuff! Thanks for the tip - i've got to keep my eyes open for this one.

Anyone ever heard the group Me First & the Gimme Gimmies? Or how 'bout Richard Cheese?

;)

6. reechie

reechie Senior Member

7. Mike V

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by Leslie Gore...

I can't even imagine it. Maybe that's good :)

8. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Howdy - Me First and the Gimme-Gimme's do flamethrower covers of generally schlocky sorta stuff - my fave is Uptown Girl (since I don't care for Billy Joel, this tune takes on a whole new feel that just blisters the ears - even the harmonies are intact, but oooooh weeeee do they fly!!!)

9. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

So they dropped the bonus track "Anarchy in the UK" by Michael Bolton - shame ;)

Is Steve going to remaster this - suspect this could even be a remix candidate - drop it down about 120dB at 10Hz through to about 20kHz :D

All the best - Andrew

10. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Speakig of AC/DC, ever hear Hayseed Dixie doing AC/DC? Apparently the band heard it and laughed so hard, they did not demand royalties!

They are a sort of a bluegrass / country band. For Hells Bells, they used a counter top bell you use at a library counter to get service. So the awsome bells at the start of the song go "Ding.... ding.... ding..." :D

11. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

This has been on my shopping list for a while, waiting to find it for the right price. Should fit in nicely along side Rhino's Golden Throats collections!

12. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Do you have Spaced Out, a comp. that has Captian Kirk and Spock singing? :D

13. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Well, no--but only because I have separate CDs of both Shatner'sTransformed Man and Nimoy's Mr. Spock's Music from Outer Space. Varese reissued both of these about 5-6 years ago. The Nimoy CD has several bonus tracks taken from his other albums.

For those interested in awful celebrity recordings, I recommend a book titled Hollywood Hi-Fi (Over 100 of the Most Outrageous Celebrity Recording Ever!) by George Gimarc and Pat Reeder. Very funny stuff. And, of all the bad singers, they crown Shatner the king!

Shatner performed an astounding version of Elton John's "Rocket Man" for some TV show years ago, but sadly it's not available on record or CD!

14. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

But it is available for download :eek:
    It was at the 1978 SF Film award and is available many places - an MP3 is here http://shtick.org/Misc/rocketman.htm

Search and Enter at ye own peril - Andrew

15. Mike V

I hear Dick Nixon hired guys to master some of his stuff like this :D

16. Mike V

Are these the same guys who did The Wall in it's entirety? A couple radio stations locally have been playing tracks from that, and I have to say (embarassed) that it's not entirely bad stuff. If I remember the tracks correctly, it sounded like the Devil Went Down To Georgia met Another Brick on the Wall Pt II!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.