DCC Archive Where can I get replacement DCC jewel cases?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Douglas, Nov 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas

Douglas New Member Thread Starter

Any idea where I could get a couple of the special DCC jewel cases to replace ones that died? Thanks

2. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

They often have them at eBay and they usaully end up at a dollar a piece. Maybe if you ordered a couple of CDs, Brent at Griffco might give you one or two. ;)

3. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I bought mine on eBay.

I scored a pack of 25 for $19 plus $8.50 postage. The same guy has about 250 left. He has been told by eBay's Safe Harbour not to use DCC/MFSL in his ads, so they will be harder to find - you used to just search for "dcc" in music. I can get you this guy's email if you like and you can email him directly - he'd respond to that because he would not have to pay the eBay fee. The S&H charge may seem high to you, but these were sent to me Priority Paid and that was the cost - they are fairly heavy.

You can also buy these from www.elusivedisc.com. The postage is the same there, and it's correct. Make sure you factor postage into your thinking, and order the right number so you don't have to do it again.

Regards,
    Metralla

4. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson New Member

The DCC/MFSL item in question is a product of Shape Global Technology. (As molded into the pop-up mechanism of the case we would identify it as a "SHAPE CD 2001".) They are the original manufacturer and the current item is identical to vintage item.

Shape Global Technology is online at shapenet.com. They have a variety of products available but the item in question is identified as "Premium Pop-Up Case" No. W021-13. They are available in four-packs at $2.49 each with a minimum shipping charge of $5.50. You can order any quantity you wish and the website calculator enables you to order a sufficient quantity to maximize the value of your shipping cost. (As an example, ordering eight four packs results in a shipping charge of just $6.00 and thus a per unit cost of just .81.)

"Same-day-as-ordered" shipping is detailed on the website and is e-mail confirmed. The four-packs are bubble-wrapped and my orders have always arrived safely. In my experience I've received one or two cracked cases and any cases that may have minor scuffs can easily be polished to like-new with a plastic polish like Novus or Kleenmaster.

I highly recommend the vendor in question. I hope this benefits all forum members who may not have been aware of this. That's why we're here.

5. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Thank you sir. Your first post and so informative. I wish I could be so helpful.

Regards,
    Metralla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.