Where can I purchase a Benchmark DAC in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by JohnnyK, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyK

JohnnyK Senior Member Thread Starter

I would like to purchase the DAC1-USB. The Benchmark website indicates that they have a dealer, Ram Broadcast Systems, located in Wauconda, however nobody answers the phone.

ANybody know of someplace in the Chicago area that sells Benchmark products? Or will I have to buy directly from Benchmark?

2. BigE

BigE Forum Resident

Have you checked with Saturday Audio Exchange, Decibel Audio or ProMusica? One of those three should be able to help. Otherwise order it from an online vendor.

Eric

3. JohnnyK

JohnnyK Senior Member Thread Starter

Those are great suggestions. I'll give them a call.

4. Shakey

Shakey New Member

I saw them listed too when I was about to purchase the Benchmark DAC-1 .
    If I remember correctly, you get a 5 year warranty from Benchmark if you buy from them and register it within a certain time.
    I think it is only 1 year if bought from others, but I could be wrong. If I am not...
    Besides you'll save more, avoiding sales tax, even with shipping figured into the equation.

5. cantona7

cantona7 Forum Resident

I second this suggestion. You also get to try it for 30 days and return it if it's not to your liking. There are, of course, other online retailers who will also let you do this (Audio Advisor is one). And then there is The Cable Company, which charges 5% as an audition fee, which you get refunded if you purchase a unit (or anything else that you buy from them.)

6. TONEPUB

TONEPUB Senior Member

Or you can just call Benchmark and order one direct. Talk to Rory Rall, he's the marketing guy there. He's a great guy and very helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.