Where is Frosty of Lee Michaels fame?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by IndyTodd, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snorkelhead

Snorkelhead New Member

2. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Bump -
    Frosty isn't retired as previously mentioned in this thread. I've seen him play a few times around Austin. Most recently with Jimmie Vaughan and B3-er Mike Flanigin at C-Boy's on South Congress late last year.

Frosty recently had both a heart attack and a stroke in December. Mike has posted that Frosty had to sell his drums a few weeks ago to help pay for his medical expenses. Just thought I'd share that info and the link below in case anyone wishes to help him out.

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fu...-a-full-recovery/349998#.VUt3jqgyliU.facebook

3. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I saw Austin's Soulhat about 20 years ago or so and some guy was telling me about their drummer, an older guy than the rest if the band, who's name was "Frosty". I didn't think much of it at all until a recent Lee Michaels thread mentioned a drummer with the same nickname. Interesting.

4. Joel Romero

Joel Romero New Member

Saw Lee Michaels in S.F many decades ago and indeed he did smash the symbols with his hand that turned bloody ...but never missed a beat , as a young rocker i was amazed ...Oh the concert was great !! Then years later i was bartending in a club (Campbell Ca. Smokey Mtn. Saloon) i went next door on my break and to my surprise there he was playing with some small band . I was able to sit up front with some pals when i noticed Frosty starring at me , just then he too went on break came right over and asked what i was drinking ....Cuervo Gold of coarse to this day he swore he knew me from way back i just rolled with it , he bought another shot for me , he was just so happy to see me ....i guess.

5. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

HALLELUJAH! I had no idea that was him......

6. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

The drummer on Lee Michaels "Carnival of Life" album was David Potter. I think Eddie Hoh played on one song. Frosty joined after that album if I recall correctly.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  7. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

According to on-line postings from several of his friends, Frosty passed away yesterday evening. Rest well.

8. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

I read this in a post from Mike Clark, the drummer formerly of Headhunters and Brand X. RIP

9. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

10. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.