Where to buy a replacement drive belt for Marantz TT-15s1?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ElectricAudio, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricAudio

ElectricAudio Active Member Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

just bought a used Marantz TT-15S1, it is long overdue for a new belt. Any suggestions on where I can get one?

sound chaser likes this.
  2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

3. ElectricAudio

Thank you!!

4. ElectricAudio

So it looks like some sites are specifying a AC071 belt which is 304MM and others (like above) are specifying a 292MM belt. Does anyone know what these came with from the factory?

5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I'd trust Music Direct. They know their stuff. This belt is explicitly advertised exclusively for your turntable.

Look it up in your manual. Sometimes they have a specific part #. In any case, I'd be inclined to buy the one from MD in a heartbeat.

6. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

Agreed on trusting Music Direct. The Emotion took the shorter belt. The Marantz is based on the Emotion.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  7. ElectricAudio

Thanks guys, very helpful!

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  8. Davey

Davey NP: Vanishing Twin ~ Life Drummer (2024)

Agree with others, I have a Clearaudio Avantgarde that takes the longer 304 mm belt, AC071, and you should definitely use the shorter AC070 belt ... Rundriemen – clearaudio analogshop

I was just looking to buy a replacement for mine a few days ago until I saw the $50 price tag, but need to go out to the garage and dig in the box first to make sure I don't already have a spare hidden away in the accessories :)

9. Mark Chapman

Mark Chapman Member

Resurrecting an old thread. I bought a new TT15S back in August. I absolutely the table and I have no regrets whatsoever. I’m glad it came with an spare belt! My first one started slipping today and now won’t stay on. The new one is perfect. I ordered another spare from Music Direct. I use my table quite a bit, but how long are you all getting out of a belt?

sound chaser likes this.
  10. Davey

Davey NP: Vanishing Twin ~ Life Drummer (2024)

Why was it slipping, have you cleaned it? It is silicone and shouldn't degrade for many years. The problem with the one on my 2008 Clearaudio Avantgarde was that the previous owner left it sitting with the belt on for a few years and it developed a slight flat spot on the belt where it wrapped around the pulley, causing a little vibration in the belt. Just clean the belt and platter edge occasionally with alcohol and it should last a long time. I like to run it through some fine talc and then shake it off before installing so it isn't sticky at all. Also make sure your hands are clean when handling, or use gloves. Make sure you don't see any vibrations in the belt between the platter and pulley, sometimes some gunk can accumulate on the pulley and disturb the smooth motion of the belt around it, and you will see some vibrating of the belt. Clean it well with a q-tip or toothbrush and alcohol to remove any stuck on debris in the pulley grooves. For best performance, the belt should be very stable with no noticeable vibrations between the platter and pulley.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    sound chaser and CraigVC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.