Where to get a VHS tape put on DVD?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by RetroSmith, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi Sckott,

Will the extra PC features enable me to actually improve/cleanup a video image kinda like declicking software will enable me to cleanup the pops from a ragged out LP?

-Jeffrey

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Sorry Jeff,

Yes and no. A bad video is a bad video. Each frame can be much like a separate Jpeg, and to try and clean up things one at a time, that's just mad.

There are ways to clean up picture balance and brightness, plus there are tricks, but I've found having a color corrector in the front of many amateur movies from let's say... an old JVC cam can really help.

I recommend using a SIMA color corrector. You can get those at J&R Music World online....

3. Damián

Damián Forum Hall Of Fame

Talk about old.. I really need to look into this transfer business before our Super-8 home movies turn to vinegar. They've already yellowed considerably.

What's the best way to store Super-8 footage? I have them in a dark, cool cabinet (hopefully dry too), in plastic reels & boxes. Those are 7" reels BTW, meaning there are several splices (done with splicing tape years ago) on each one.

Too bad my parents' Super-8 gear is slowly turning to gravy too..

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I have super 8's of me at 6 years old in the snow. I'd love to have that transfered too. 2 of the cans I know are no good :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.