Where to go after Cardas? Seeking warm, organic, and rich sounding cable.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by JazzPolice, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warren Jarrett

Warren Jarrett Audio Note (UK) dealer in SoCal/LA-OC In Memoriam

2. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  3. JazzPolice

JazzPolice Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Any thoughts about Van Den Hul cables?

4. The Good Guy

The Good Guy Forum Resident

Van den Hul.

5. The Good Guy

Good cables . In fact the VDH 1st cable in yr cd player will sound smooth & musical in a bright system . My friend has done this.

6. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

I think the results are system dependent. I had some Van de Hul (don't remember what the model name was but they weren't cheap), then moved to Cardas, which was recommended by the importer of my speaker. I switched out the cables for the K-S to positive effect some years ago. I also changed all the power cables from Shunyata ( a mix including a very expensive thick one with snake rattles - Python? perhaps along with shunyata conditioners ) to K-S as well and got rid of the power conditioning (I do have dedicated lines). We did A/B listening comparisons on my system of the power cable changes, which were readily apparent.
    While I've read about the various reasons why an interconnect, speaker cable or power cable makes a difference, I'm not a big believer in the various claims, yet I can hear a demonstrable difference.
    The only change I have made in my cable since around 2007 or 8 was to substitute a length of K-S Elation in the step from phono stage to line stage. Joe Kubala also made custom jumpers for my horns. I rationalize the price (which is still far lower than some of the uber cables) in part because I have not felt any need to improve the cables for 6+ years (other than changing out the one interconnect for the Elation, but I got a handsome trade-in allowance on my old Emotion).

7. JazzPolice

Which First? Metal Screen? Ultimate? Ultimate Mk II?

8. JazzPolice

Also keep seeing Tara Labs Prism 33i come up, supposedly having my desired properties. Comments?

9. The Good Guy

First Ultimate . It makes music sound nice . Nice may or not be yr thing but it suits pleasant music then aggressive rock music but it is non fatiguing.

JazzPolice likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.