Where's my Schiit??

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by audiomaniac, May 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiomaniac

audiomaniac Shamalamadingdong Thread Starter

Curious if anybody else has ordered anything from Schiit lately. I'm waiting on a Freya+ and an Aegir going on 6+ weeks now. I think the Freya+ is what is taking the longest to complete the order. I'm thinking another 4 weeks at least. Patience is a virtue...I guess.

2. james

james Summon The Queen

they've had backorder notices on that Freya + for a long time

"ROLLING BACKORDER. SHIPS IN 4-6 WEEKS."

jusbe likes this.
  3. audiomaniac

You're preachin' to the choir!

4. Mr. Pleasant

Mr. Pleasant Forum Resident

This is disappointing since I am in the market for some new stuff and was seriously considering the Freya+.

Maybe they need to hire a bunch more people to meet the demands of the success they are having.

5. BizBork

BizBork Forum Resident

I ordered a Modius at the end of March. It showed 'ready to ship March 31'. 3/31 came and went and never received a shipping confirmation. I reach out to customer service and they told me it had been back ordered to April 22. It actually ended up getting to me earlier than the anticipated shipping date, but all in all I had to wait about 3ish extra weeks.

6. Davey

Davey NP: Michael A. Muller ~ Mirror Music (2024 LP)

I think it is the same issue many companies are having during the pandemic, waiting for parts from suppliers. Doesn't matter how many people you have putting them together if you can't get all the parts.

7. tIANcI

tIANcI Wondering when the hifi madness will end

The last time I ordered the Freya+ was late 2020. Took about 8-10 weeks from order to receiving it. It’s worth the wait though. Don’t forget to get some NOS tubes :D

8. audiomaniac

Well it must be the powerful voodoo of SH forums. I just got an email saying that my order was ready to ship. No Schiit! Holy Schiit!!:goodie:

9. Lounge Audio is having problems getting parts fast enough. Almost all of the parts suppliers that used to ship same day are taking 2 to 3 days to ship. I’m sure Schiit is also having staffing problems too. Staffing issues are slowing down our country.

10. audiomaniac

Yes, everything is delayed these days. Schiit is trying to staff up with more techs and are also in the middle of moving some of their production to Corpus Christi, TX. That plus supply chain delays all add up to delays in getting orders out the door.

Dignan2000, JackG and morinix like this.
  11. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Schiit's worth waiting for.

12. audiomaniac

Good Schiit, I hope!

rockclassics likes this.
  13. audiomaniac

I once sent a McIntosh CD player back to them in NY for service and I had to wait 4 months to get it back. And that wasn't in the middle of a pandemic either.

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  14. Nathan Z

Nathan Z Forum Resident

Schiit is, to my knowledge, struggling to keep up with all the orders. I know so many people ordered the Schiit Sol in the past while that they've completely run out and can't even get any more to sell. It's going to take a bit of time before it's all back to normal.

15. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

I'll just second what everybody else is saying — backorders and waiting are not on Schiit, it's happening across many audio companies and products, in a sort of delayed effect of the pandemic crisis on supply lines. I've been on a bit of an upgrade buying spree lately and I've gotten used to things taking awhile to get to me.

Shipping delays don't just hit you, a consumer, they've also been afflicting suppliers. But I'd guess a return to normality will be imminent over the next months.

audiomaniac, morinix and JackG like this.
  16. justanotherhifienthusiast

justanotherhifienthusiast Forum Resident

All electronics manufactures are being hit with long delays for critical components needed to assemble product. It's not just Schiit.

17. Razakoz

Razakoz Forum Resident

/This. Just look at the auto industry lately.

18. luckybaer

luckybaer Thinks The Devil actually beat Johnny

I read that some manufacturers are shying away from the tech they want to put in cars because of shortages of materials. Crazy times.

19. Mr. Pleasant

Yes, I suppose that's true.

I may very well still order the Freya+ despite the wait.

My biggest problem right now is deciding between going with the Freya+ (and an amp) or one of the other items on my shortlist.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  20. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

To the OP, I'm glad you didn't lose your Schiit over this.

21. audiomaniac

No, I always figured it would take a while with things the way they are. I just wonder when you might see prices go up. Higher labor costs, parts costing more etc.

morinix and Aftermath like this.
  22. Mr. Pleasant

That's one of the reasons I'm playing to buy sooner rather than later.

Last summer I built my daughter a PC. The graphics card cost $300. I was about to build my other daughter the exact same PC and the same graphics card now costs almost $1000. Lumber prices have also tripled.

That kind of price increase on audio equipment would price me out of anything I would want.

23. audiomaniac

Wow! That's crazy. I saw in a video an interview with Jason Stoddard (the Dude) how he doesn't want to raise prices because of supply and demand, BUT I thought it could always happen if they start to get squeezed with costs.

Mr. Pleasant likes this.
  24. Ilusndweller

Ilusndweller S.H.M.F.=>Reely kewl.

I dont see lumber prices ever going down to what they were. This is simply a supply/demand thing and that ratio has permanently shifted lower.

25. Mr. Pleasant

Well, I hope that's not the case. If it's simply supply/demand then hopefully industry will respond to meet the demand. It's insane that in a country like Canada with a seemingly limitless supply of lumber that this could happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.