Which actor could replace Daniel Craig as the next James Bond?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by bherbert, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

They won't pick Idris Elba or anyone for that matter who is even approaching 50... they'll want at least a solid decade out of any new candidate, so I'd say late 30's tops. And that search won't even begin until spring 2020 at earliest, with another year (and endless speculation) before someone is chosen in time for a late 2021 shoot to commence.

The Bond franchise will inevitably succumb to political correctness like every other current franchise going... fortunately, by that time, I'll have my 25-film official EON canon Blu-ray set and won't care anyway... so I'm good.

Interested to see what big idea Danny Boyle has for Bond that got him the current gig... hoping for the best on this next one. Let's face it, it couldn't possibly be as bad as the lamentable Spectre... or could it?

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Boyle will no doubt have to compromise with Bond producers, his vision will be diluted,still ..he should come up with something interesting.

3. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

Dan Stevens

4. alexpop

Gerald Butler would have been good 10 years ago.

bherbert likes this.
  5. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident Thread Starter

What about Henry Cavill? Average actor but he has the good looks and he’s British.

PH416156 and alexpop like this.
  6. alexpop

He's ideal, only problem he's superman.
    Can't do two gigs.

bherbert likes this.
  7. bherbert

Yeah, he would have to commit to one of the roles. Probably can’t do both due to filming times clashing.

alexpop likes this.
  8. alexpop

Tom Hardy is the best bet and he's English, right age requirement.

Larry Mc, Hardy Melville and Yovra like this.
  9. alexpop

Contractual, yes.
    But ...ya never k n o w. :D

bherbert likes this.
  10. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

11. alexpop

Now he would be brilliant.

12. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

That is someone I never considered! I agree, he would be a good choice! Sadly, Jon Hamm is even older than Idris Elba.

At this point, I wouldn’t mind either one of these actors making only one Bond film. There have been enough actors playing this character now that I don’t feel the need to see the same actor in every Bond film for the next ten years.

13. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

The Bond actors were never youthful-looking guys, and Idris Elba isn't exactly decrepit. He'd be perfect for the role.

I see no reason to cast a woman. A Bond-like female lead in another movie would be a lot of fun and likely successful. But when you mess that heavily with a franchise that's purposely anachronistic, you risk alienating the crowd that really does want to see the same James Bond movie over and over again.

brownie61 likes this.
  14. alexpop

Jon Hamm for one sure.

15. sotosound

sotosound Forum Resident

Sam Heughan.

16. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

Probably best to get someone in mid-20s or so, so there could be many years ahead where he is believably a sex magnet to young, beautiful women.

17. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

I'm not against Idris, but I feel that it's just being pushed on the audience especially in this age. A female lead would be too predicable as well. Why not make a new 00.. series female or whatever. 009 or 008 or w/e.

I'd put my money on Idris getting the part and i'm sure it would be good. I hope they go with a unknown though.

18. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

Is Jason Statham too old?

alexpop likes this.
  19. alexpop

He'd do it if offered. :)

amonjamesduul likes this.
  20. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

Those Transporter movies are already semi Bond movies in a way - car chases, more car chases, witty one liners, international criminals, fruit carts conveniently situated at city squares to get properly pummelled, attractive women with various accents.

21. BeaTleBob5

BeaTleBob5 John, Paul, George, Ringo & Bob

Martin Klebba.

22. alexpop

Don't think he'd be suitable for the ladies not suave enough, a throw back to the Sam Peckinpah seventies "you'll take this slap and like it" No ...metoo, don't want. :D

23. Too young. Bond has to be at least mid-30's to have all the experience and rankings he's supposed to have.

24. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

25. bherbert

Big Jason Statham fan here

Larry Mc and alexpop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.