Which movies have scarred you for life?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by carrolls, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

"The Exorcist"
    Probably shouldn't have been on mescaline ...

macdaddysinfo and BrokenByAudio like this.
  2. Dukes Travels

Dukes Travels Forum Resident

Never scarred, but when I was a kid, Jaws made me irrational at the public pool. Looking into the swimming pool before I got in, that type of thing. :sigh:

Rufus McDufus and Wally Swift like this.
  3. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

A Hard Days Night

Sitting in my local movie theater on a Saturday afternoon in summer watching all my little girl friends from school that I thought sort of liked me screaming and going wild for the Beatles. Suddenly my butch waxed "summer" crewcut and non tight pants were swept away to nerd world by the Fabs coolness and I had to face up to the reality in my fragile pre- teen world that I would probably never be as cool as they were. Ever.:D

4. Alan2

Alan2 Forum Resident

I used to have a thick skin where screen violence is concerned, but very recently saw Starred Up, about UK prison system. I was disturbed. It was horribly realistic, although a good film.

5. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Nosferatu still has the ability to scare more than 90 years later. Expressionist cinema at its most nightmarish.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  6. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I saw a Russ Meyer Ultravixen double-bill at 14.

7. andyinstal

andyinstal Runner for Others

Just the DVD cover of this movie has disturbed me enough to never see it.

8. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Boobs aren't scary

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

"Deliverance" I don't go hiking much.

macdaddysinfo and johnny 99 like this.
  10. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

Freaks did a number on me years ago.

11. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

That's a bit strong. I mean, it would be different if, say, you should it to a child who recognized him as Mr. Noodle. :p

12. bresna

bresna Senior Member

When I was a little kid, I watched "The Incredible Shrinking Man". It's a black & white film from 1957. To this day, tarantula's freak me out. Heck, spiders in general still freak me out. That movie scared the crap out of me.

Another one that freaked me out was "After Hours". It came out in 1985, right when I entered the single life away from home. I was out very late partying it up, often scoping out all the single women. I saw this movie and my life was never the same. From a long time after that, whenever I entered a room full of women I'd never met before, I was always trying to pick out the psycho. :)

13. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

I absolutely can't stand movies where the characters have no possible escape back to normality - "The Descent" (the original ending) being one of them, and there was another one starring Nick Cannon that I can't remember the name of, where people signed up to make money as part of a pharmaceutical test, and ended up locked in a room where they were driven to insanity.

14. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

well at least you were spared...

15. zmic

zmic Forum Resident

The Human Centipede is just awfully bad rather than scarring.

16. svoegtlin

svoegtlin Forum Resident

Looking For Mr. Goodbar... after hearing about it on this forum I found a VHS copy at Goodwill.. My god..

17. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Hostel. At least Hostel 2 had a quasi happy end. These two movies didn't stay in my collection long I had asnuff.

18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

My sentiments. What was Diane Keaton thinking, sheesh.

19. Jupiter

Jupiter Forum Resident

Ghosts of the Civil Dead.

An obscure Australian classic, set in a prison. Features Nick Cave. Scarring.

[​IMG]

20. Jupiter

Jupiter Forum Resident

Try watching the sequal without vomiting.

21. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

What do I win? :wave:

22. Jupiter

Jupiter Forum Resident

You win a lifetime supply of nightmares.

23. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

Bob Guccione's Caligula. I was a kid when I watched it but can't remember where. It was the X version because of all the sex scenes. I still recall a few scenes and one that pops up literally was the centurion on centurion love feast. After that I developed a fondness for gladiator movies and the whole sandal and loincloth genre. The term platonic relationship has a different meaning for me.

24. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

A movie I saw when I was about five years old. Don't know the name of it but there was a chicken baking bread. The bread was so delicious looking and I remember intensely salivating and thinking "I can't wait to go home and eat some bread" and did in fact pig out on bread when I got home. My wife often says "I've never seen anyone eat bread the way you do". It's true, I love it in a most unusual way. I can go to the bakery, get a fresh loaf of rye bread and devour the whole thing with butter in one sitting. That damn film made me this way.

Ghostworld and zmic like this.
  25. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Moby Dick
    My parents took us to the drive in & I had nightmares for years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.