Which of these 4 bands do you enjoy most ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Feat77, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabby

Xabby Senior Member

The Allman Brothers Band

2. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

In order:

The Allman Brothers Band
    Little Feat
    Steely Dan
    The Band

3. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Steely Dan by a country mile. I am a massive fan of theirs -- and honestly don't care for any of the others listed.

4. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

Steely Dan by a wide margin. I have records by Little Feat and The Allman Brothers, but nothing by The Band.

5. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Allmans.......i like the brothers and the first 4 lps!

6. Vangro

Vangro Forum Resident

The Band or Steely Dan. Never heard much of the other two. It's Steely Dan though, they have more good albums than the Band.

7. The ABB have been my favorite band since their debut in 1969. Love the other three as well.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  8. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

The Band with Steely Dan a close second

9. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

Steely Dan for me.

10. x2zero

x2zero Forum Resident

I really like Little Feat, they could really get a groove going, but their song writing was nowhere near as good as The Band’s. The Allman’s have produced songs that are among my very favorite, at their best they’re hard to touch, but I never found any of their albums consistent throughout. Steely Dan’s six album run has very few rivals, but they seem a little out of place in this company.
    I voted The Band

11. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

i couldn't pick to be honest ....
    i love steely dan's debut and several of their other albums (especially pretzel logic, aja and gaucho)
    i love abb idlewild and live at filmore east plus some scattered songs among the rest
    i love little feat's first three albums and waiting for colombus
    i love the band's last waltz and a lot of scattered songs throughout their catalog

maybe it would be
    feat/dan equal first
    abb 2nd
    band 3rd
    really hard to pick

12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Easily Steely Dan.

The others were good bands but none of them ever did much for me, whereas I really like most of the Dan's output...

audiotom likes this.
  13. stetsonic

stetsonic Forum Resident

Very interesting choices. I can definitely say the one I care least about is ABB. And I'm not saying I don't like 'em - I think they were an awesome band in the Duane era - but I just couldn't rank The Band, Little Feat and Steely Dan if my life depended on it. At their peak, they were all just perfect as far as I'm concerned.

14. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Allmans for me all the way.

15. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

With you on that, Steely Dan are really the odd man (or men) out here to my mind.

I can't choose between them because their best is all as good as each other to me.

16. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

I love Steely Dan. A very rock-jazzy group that I love showing my friends to.

17. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Picked Little Feat but could have gone for any of 'em really

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  18. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Agreed.....I would listen to the last three Band albums (without Robertson) before Islands, Moondog Matinee and maybe even Cahoots.

So obviously I went for The Band

I may have gone for Little Feat had it been based on just the Lowell George years.....

The other two I have bit n bobs of their catalogues, but not sufficient enough to consider a fan.

bvb1123 likes this.
  19. redfloatboat

redfloatboat Forum Resident

Steely Dan, mind you i only like maybe 4 or 5 of their songs. Don't like the other bands in the slightest, not my cuppa.

20. Quakerism

Quakerism Serial number 141467.

The Allman Brothers Band have always ranked high on my live performance bands. That is included in the enjoyment analysis compared to the others.

21. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Gotta be the Dan man

22. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Little Feat are more or less completely forgotten in the UK, but I took a punt in a cheap LP (Dixie Chicken) and was surprised at how good it was. They’ve got probably two other very good albums, but a lot of garbage too.

The Allmans have done nothing but disappoint me with their fairly lame boogie rock.

23. Aphoristical

Aphoristical Aphoristic Album Reviews

My heart wants to vote for The Band, but Steely Dan were great for a lot longer.

24. danasgoodstuff

danasgoodstuff Forum Resident

I voted for The Band but love the Brothers as well - really apples and oranges, a very song-oriented band who could play but only did so in sevrice of the song v. a jamming band who could write but loved to just play. Little Feat I've enjoyed from time to time, the Dan I respect but don't really enjoy (too arch).

25. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Steely Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.