Which records did you regret buying?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Airbus, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarra Lad

Jarra Lad Forum Resident

I haven't given up on it completely yet, but at the moment I wished I'd bought something else.

2. I dont regret buying it but i think i have only played it a couple of times. Might dig it out later

snowman872 likes this.
  3. I really like it. That is the joy of music; one man's meat is another's poison i guess

Joseph LeVie and Jarleboy like this.
  4. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway Curated Iconic Half-Speed Picture Disc

I was really disappointed by Eurythmics Sweet Dreams album when I bought it with precious and limited funds as a schoolkid in '83 or whenever. I adored their singles but the album was a bore :(

5. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

I regret buying the record. I don't mind the album. But pretty much everyone who owns the record says the the last song on each side has a lot of groove distortion. I have 2 copies and they both have that problem. Just a bad pressing or the levels were mastered too high for vinyl.

6. I dont think i have ever regreted buying an album due to its musical content; its the poor sound quality or loudness and brickwalling that upsets me. I am now very careful before i buy.

7. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

You talking about the 7" single? Cause yeah, that is a brutal edit!

8. Cameron.39

Cameron.39 Forum Resident

The David Bowie "Bowpromo" box for RSD 2017. It was nearly £60 for a one-sided LP in a box with some photos and a letter. And when I read the album notes, it wasn't even pressed from the original demo tape, which was lost. The mixes contained are barely distinguishable from the final album versions. And the packaging is beyond cheap. A plain white box with a surplus vinyl centre label stuck on it, a plain white outer sleeve wrapped in green tissue paper held together only by a small round sticker, a manilla envelope with a few period portraits of bowie and the sleeve notes are typed out on plain A4 paper stapled together roughly. I've NEVER felt so ripped off in my entire life.

9. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

The vinyl edition of Veruca Salt's Ghost Notes. It's a stunningly good album, but the pressing is a joke, sounds like total crap. The value was in the mp3 downloads :(. Put me off buying new albums on LP.

10. dezz

dezz Forum Resident

There are plenty I've taken a chance on and subsequently sold because they're not my thing, but only one sticks in my mind as being so unutterably bad I wanted to march straight back into the shop and demand my money back.
    Grace Jones: Muse.
    I was so enamoured with her version of La Vie En Rose I decided to get the album, but on the very first play of side 1 knew I'd made a hideous mistake. Over a shmaltzy non-stop disco beat Grace proceeds to murder a selection of show-tune classics, namely Send In The Clowns, What I Did For Love, and Tomorrow from Annie! It was AWFUL.
    Rather than face the 4-mile bike ride back into town though, I played it again - and saw the funny side. I know it was never created to be laughed at, but it now has a certain kitsch appeal, I guess...

Thorpy and Dudley Morris like this.
  11. davesmoked

davesmoked Forum Resident

BOW PROMO from RSD 2017

12. Isamet

Isamet Forum Resident

No sorry. The album itself. But seriously Folks

13. Joseph LeVie

Joseph LeVie Forum Resident

True and I respect that it worked for you. It felt like a slap in the face to me. Viva la difference.

Now, Fish Out Of Water, in the other hand, is one of my all time favorites. Top five? Top three?

14. Fish out of Water has been my fav since the day of release. I still play the original LP on a regular basis. I also like the original cd and the recent remix is fantastic. I dont think i will ever tire of it.

mooseman, veloso2 and Joseph LeVie like this.
  15. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

The Dark Side of the Moon :hide:

16. Do you REALLY regret buying it, or have you just grown tired of it.?

17. Henry Spencer

Henry Spencer Forum Resident

18. Henry Spencer

Not here to offend but i love Mistrial

Terrapin Station likes this.
  19. Henry Spencer

I have heard lots worse. At least he was cooler than cool

slowhand1964 likes this.
  20. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

A one off album by an artist having the audacity to use the name Robert Johnson called Close Personal Friend. Now his name probably IS Robert Johnson but really, based on that record he should have changed it to someone else like Huey Lewis or something. :)

And no, I didn't think this was a lost record from the first Robert Johnson. If you saw the cover (do a search in Spotify) you could not make the mistake.

21. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

Used to listen to it digitally. And I really loved it at that time. And then I decided to buy the CD version. I don't know why but i regret that I bought it. Maybe because the music and concept is too serious for my taste. But I won't forget the first time I heard it, that was a great listening experience.

22. Dont sell it. Keep it for ten years and play it again. You may hear it in a different light.

23. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

[​IMG]

I thought it was a solo album. But it's an opera. Not a rock opera. Opera.

baggies likes this.
  24. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

The problem is, I forgot where I put it. :laugh:
    what do you think about DSotM? do you have a copy?

25. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Looney Tunes is a fun comp from K-Tel. Always loved that one anyway.

Bingo Bongo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.