Which version of DSOTM ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aashton, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aashton

aashton Here for the waters... Thread Starter

I am just about to order the DVD for the Wizard of Oz and would like to try out the sync that is suggested at

http://members.cox.net/stegokitty/dsotr_pages/definitive_list.htm

If anyone has tried this which version of Dark Side Of The Moon is best to use - I have a number of vinyl versions (Original UK, Quad, EMI 100, MFSL etc..) and a couple of CD versions (the usual suspects..) which should I use for best effect ?

May the bong be with you - Andrew

2. vex

vex New Member

Whatever version sounds best to you... They (should) be all timed the same. I've done the synch with Wizard of Oz, and it is somewhat amusing.

If the bong be with you, then use a CD. No sense risking damaging an LP in an impaired state! :eek:

3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

ROTFL :D

4. Kym

Kym Former Resident

DON'T use the gold MoFi Ultradisc since the music starts about six seconds later than all other CD pressings. This delay will seriously hamper the synching effect. :D

5. Ralpho

Ralpho Senior Member

Warning!!

TMC ran this movie last year with the sync in the SAP audio and the first run through is pretty cool (in fact dowright awsome!) It kinda lost me after the Scarecrow"Brain Damage" sync. I tried it again with my MFSL & could never get the exact sync that TMC had. Anyway, now I can't hear DSOTM without the Wizard... images in my head - Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Don't think I'll ever be able to watch the movie without the Floyd tunes in my head either!:mad: :confused: :D

6. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

I'm not sure a bong is potent enough to get you there. :cool:

7. Ben

Ben New Member

Oh, yes it is......

8. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

"By the time I get to Phoenix, he'll be flying"

Invite me please! :p

Regards,
    Metralla