Which Yes Title Should Be The Next AF SACD Hybrid Tales From Topograhic Oceans Or Relayer?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spotlightkid, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xj32

xj32 Forum Resident

Drama!!!!!!!

2. onlyshallow

onlyshallow Active Member

Count me as a fourth for Drama, though I still want Relayer first! Though I wonder how well Drama would sell outside the SH forums...

3. westcoastkid

westcoastkid Forum Resident

I would prefer Drama before any of these titles.

4. Relayer. I like the music better, and I think it could benefit more from the Hoffman treatment.

5. kevnhuys

kevnhuys Forum Resident

...which I find to be superfluous.

6. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

Relayer

Pendulous Threads likes this.
  7. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Relayer is out on hdtracks this week. I think that may improve the odds of it coming to AF soon.

8. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

9. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

My vote for Tales From Topographic Oceans.
    BTW, it was not released by HDTracks, was it?
    I wonder why

10. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

Don't you have that backwards?
    And speaking of tears to the eyes, that was Wakeman talking about Onion, er, I mean Union.

11. gedsmit

gedsmit Fair Weather Member

:D

No, honestly... when I first heard Tales as an impressionable young teenager, the end of side one did turn on the old waterworks!

I haven't listened to Relayer for a long time, but do remember getting a bit bored with it.

12. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

TFTO. HDTracks has released everything else from the "classic" period, so I can imagine that it's on Rhino's list and may also be a candidate for a SACD release if someone can make some money off of it.

13. freemanl

freemanl Bass Lover

At the risk of getting slapped, I would love to have Steve remaster for SACD the album Tormato. Not my top Yes album, but has my absolute favorite Yes song on it; Future Times/Rejoice. That song really lifts my spirits (and Rocks to Holy Hell when cranked!)

14. abcray

abcray Forum Resident

I've just realized the results are really tight. I voted Relayer, I wanted to hear the original version without that annoying hiss... Actually I want them both!

15. spotlightkid

spotlightkid Senior Member Thread Starter

Need more forum members to vote.

16. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Personally, I'm more intrigued by the possibility of getting these in 5.1 now that S. Wilson is doing Close To The Edge. I have rather mixed feelings about both of these albums, but like a lot of prog, they do have that widescreen, cinematic quality that I think would come across well in surround. Can you imagine hearing the "battle sequence" of "Gates of Delirium" in 5.1?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.