Whitesnake - The Purple Tour - Jan '18

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Curveboy, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Brand new promo video for Burn...and what a great video it is!

Album due January 19th, 2018 CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/LP/Digital

MYQ1, PyroMessiah, BA Baracus and 2 others like this.
  2. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

as expected, an overdub fest. (if this is indeed from the live album)

nevertheless, really looking forward to the blu ray. a shame that the bonus tracks are audio only. Not too many Purple songs on the set list considering it was "The Purple Tour"

Davidmk5 likes this.
  3. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Wow that’s bad. Coverdale has a range of one note now. He kinda sounds like Jim Dandy Mangrum.

4. Curveboy

Here is a commercial for the live disc

MYQ1 and PyroMessiah like this.
  5. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

The most soulless take on a Deep Purple tune I've ever heard. A full blu-ray of it? No thanks.

6. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

I'd pay Coverdale to stay at home these days, to be honest. He was brilliant until around the Coverdale/Page album but it all went downhill very quickly after that. He's just a travesty of his earlier days now.

7. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I love Marks III and IV of Deep Purple, but that's... not good to say the least

gary191265 likes this.
  8. Curveboy

I saw Whitesnake last year and they were excellent.

And I love Good To Be Bad and Forevermore so I can't agree with your assessment.

9. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

How was Coverdale's voice live? I enjoyed The Purple Album, but it was clear that his voice has become very weak of late and overdubs are being used to compensate in the studio.

10. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

Horses for courses, fella ;)

Restless Heart was the last album he did that I liked. He should have carried on singing in that vein, in my opinion.

patrickd likes this.
  11. Curveboy

He was fine...his energy is infectious and that makes up for some vocal shortcomings. Also, he has Reb Beach and Michele Luppi--both excellent singers in their own right--to back him up on the high notes.

MYQ1, PyroMessiah, BA Baracus and 6 others like this.
  12. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Aww, you can't be dismissing Into the Light as well... That was a great bit of work.

I mean, more for me if it's not your cup of tea, but I'd strongly recommend giving it another chance. :D

13. ribonucleic

ribonucleic Forum Resident

14. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

Wish he would get back together with Page. :hide:

MYQ1, AndydD, graveyardboots and 6 others like this.
  15. Dr Mike

Dr Mike Forum Resident

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Luppi is one of the best vocalists in hard rock and metal today. If you like progressive power metal, check out the recent Secret Sphere albums with him on vocals. They're very, very good.

gary191265 likes this.
  16. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i love the recent whitesnake releases

17. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

yeh last time i saw whitesnake they were opening for Judas priest , it was daylight out , i was maybe 12th row , they came out & i was shocked how bad coverdale's Vocals were ...... i wanted to crawl under the seats & sneak out it was so bad ........... no way should he have been gigging :O

18. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

That was rubbish. He sounds like I did a few days ago, when I could hardly speak and my throat was so uncomfortable it was making my eyes water.

GodShifter likes this.
  19. Use_Your_Koala

Use_Your_Koala Forum Resident

No thanks.

Zoot Marimba and GodShifter like this.
  20. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

saw Whitesnake in 2008. His voice was not good. And that's fair enough, not many singers keep their voice well into their 50s and beyond.

I do think DC should explore more laid back blues, and maybe an acousitc project which he has mentioned. Much more suited to what's left of his voice.

It must be hell for him though; no doubt that the revenue is in his past glories; Purple, the 80s albums, and the "milking" of those periods. Hard to keep going when your voice isn't up for it though...
    which is no doubt why he has brought in this keyboard player / singer. Some of the backing vocals here are really really good.
    and of course; there's no denying that much of DC's vocals on this release will be fixed in the studio...

but again, nevertheless, I look forward to the blu ray. The songs are great, and the band is good.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Munros1969

Munros1969 Forum Resident

Each to their own I guess. I couldn’t endure the entire video... dreadful. Hard to believe that this is the same guy who fronted Mk III.

Deep Purple - Burn 1974 Live Video HQ

22. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Terrible video.......hope the rest of the DVD is not like this as really looking forward to the live album and a live concert show.

Loved the Whitesnake take on the Purple tracks on the Purple album. Refreshing to hear them in a different take.

bartels76 and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I guess this guy has to jump on the DP bandwagon these days. I laugh when I see this guy interviewed. He has this air about him like he’s a superstar. Please! 2nd rate. Like George Harrison said about Madonna. “She’s someone who thinks she’s famous.” Seems to parallel Coverdale.

Carserguev likes this.
  24. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

huh? he was in deep purple

MYQ1 likes this.
  25. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

Yeah but he was the worst singer they ever had

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.