Who 2015 Vinyl Reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RockDude4492, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm not sure if anyone has posted about these yet, but it looks like the Who are getting vinyl reissues:

http://thewho.com/hits-vinyl/

I know they recently released that box set, but these appear to be available separately. However, it appears that they will be digital, but they report new 24/96 remasters. Thoughts anyone?

2. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I'm one for buying the best sounding vinyl version of any album I've loved for the last 35-40 years..even if that means buying it for the third or fourth time. Even though I have great sounding re-issued Lp versions of Tommy and Who's Next (Classic Records and Simply Vinyl, respectively), I'd love to see if these are any better. I also had the 180g of Quadrophenia which, sorry to say, was a disappointment-very dull sounding.

Vinyl Dude likes this.
  3. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

So are these different from the recent box set in any way other than being sold separately?

4. LePompDior

LePompDior Forum Resident

I'm into the singles box set. I've been looking for a Mint "Instant Party Mixture" for years.

Vinyl Dude likes this.
  5. Mark_TB

Mark_TB Forum Resident

The new individual releases are being pressed at QRP.

Vinyl Dude and Coricama like this.
  6. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Interesting. I see the sleeves are supposedly replicas of the originals -- the box set sleeves apparently left much to be desired, so I wonder if more effort is being put into these. Pressing at QRP certainly makes I sound these might be a step up...

7. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Chance to complete the aborted 'Classic Records' collection with Face Dances and It's hard.

DeRosa, Shak Cohen and scottp like this.
  8. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Chance to replace my badly off-center Classic Record's Sell Out in mono (I hope).

9. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Is there anyone who has compared the recent box set to Phases? Beyond the issue with the German Who's Next in the Phases box, I'd be curious how the two stack up.

10. GRC

GRC Senior Member

i know they're studio albums but too bad Live at Leeds keeps being left out given it's special place imho.........

Mark_TB and e.s. like this.
  11. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

As essential, if not more so, than some of the studio albums.

Brudy, Terry and GRC like this.
  12. pdf1964

pdf1964 Tainted Member

I just bought the recent box set, so am curious what is different about the new ones.

e.s. likes this.
  13. Yes better than anything after Tommy including Quad

JuanTCB, Sax-son and GRC like this.
  14. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I wish the would release the full concert Leeds on vinyl like CD. I don't like the original song selection for the LP half as much as all the stuff they played at the show.

15. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Actually, I'd love to see the original receive the star treatment.

Fritz G23, Mark_TB and e.s. like this.
  16. jacksonwalker

jacksonwalker Forum Resident

In Quiex II !

17. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

Well, they did include the vinyl lp in the 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition box set.

18. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

I'd like to get the debut but that's about it

19. Sean

Sean Senior Member

I have the 2012 box set of their studio output. I'm guessing they're the same records, so I can skip those.
    I suppose this is good for those who really want a vinyl copy of Endless Wire (2006).
    But I'm interested in the Brunswick 7' singles.

20. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

If they are 24/96 (as confirmed on UM's vinyl site) I'm out as I have originals plus the Classic 200 grm all analogue. I may consider Face Dances and It's Hard as only have originals and it's possible these can be improved on with the latest digital sources as they didn't sound as great to begin with. No reissue of Live at Leeds is a rather odd decision though I don't need this unless they did the extended version (without the complete Tommy performance).

21. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

I have the box set and never understood this opinion

Clanceman likes this.
  22. dragpeace

dragpeace Forum Resident

What are your opinions of the recent box set vs the originals, when it comes to sound quality?

23. The last box set sounds great especially Tommy.

Clanceman likes this.
  24. dragpeace

dragpeace Forum Resident

I appreciate the quick feedback! PopMarket currently have it available, but I'm still not sure I want to spend that much. Any idea if it's analog sourced?

25. dragpeace

dragpeace Forum Resident

Ignore that. I found the thread with the detailed discussion. I missed it in my first search. I guess the real question is whether or not to get the 2012 box set or wait for the 2015 version? We'll have to wait a few weeks for the answer, I suppose. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.