Who are you currently obsessed with?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnnyQuest, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Mike Campbell

Mike Campbell Forum Resident

right now....for the next few hours.....Peter Green - End of the game....That cat could play......wow....Brilliant player and cd.

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 likes this.
  2. mr_spenalzo

mr_spenalzo Forum Resident

Warpaint. Their new album clicked with me, and have been playing their music on repeat. They fascinate me.

3. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

A year into my Grateful Dead renaissance and it is only getting more interesting.

Wonderful thing - it has increased my love of my primary music cal core which is avant-garde free jazz/free improvisation.

On the other hand, for now, it has lessened my remaining interest in other rock based music as in comparison most of that music (that I still appreciate) is almost mundane and boring.

ianuaditis likes this.
  4. Meyer

Meyer Heavy Metal Parking Lot Resident

GHOST

5. RogerB

RogerB Forum Resident

This past week I can't get enough of the new Stones album Blue and Lonesome!

AJK74 likes this.
  6. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

My lovely wife, always! :love:

Musically it's XTC the last couple of days, collecting Eurythmics RCA cd's and I set my sights on getting an Oppo DVD/SACD-player and some great SACD-titles to boot! :cool:

7. Mike Campbell

just had a new OPPO installed in my home a month ago or so....SACD........cant tell you how pleased we are with it....f'n fantastic.

8. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Got the book as well, a lovely Xmas present from my wife last year! :cool:

I kind of wish I had that box set, but the two 5-cd sets and additional (live)cd's are serving me well.

Ham Sandwich likes this.
  9. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Dv970 or dv981? Is there much of a difference?

I'm glad I'll finally get to hear Clapton's Audio Fidelity titles the way they're supposed to be heard!

10. Mike Campbell

I got the BDP-103....It is a Blue ray disc player.....I have two separate units.....one for SACDs and CD's....gold discs etc....which what I use my oppo for...my other unit is a sony, which I use for my blu ray.....I don't play movies on my oppo.....though you can if you want to.....so, again, the 103 can be used for movies, but I don't....only because that is how my system is set up....But I cannot speak highly enough, about this unit.....SACD's come roaring out of it....beautiful....this unit cost about 550.00 or something like that. remastered cds sound brilliant. if you need any other specs about it let me know.....glad to share info.

11. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

Since I got back from Desert Trip, the Stones are getting a lot of play

Dave Hoos likes this.
  12. JackS

JackS Then Play On

rediscovering Radiohead , Dave Matthews Band and a heavy dose of Steve Jansen

13. Mike Campbell

not obsessed, but doing stevie Ray....on texas flood SACD.....the cat could play......

14. Tyler Chastain

Tyler Chastain Forum Resident

Never really knew anything about ELO except for "Evil Woman", but I recently acquired "Eldorado" and it's been my goto album the last few weeks. The track "Eldorado" in particular is just incredible

15. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

I robot Alan Parsons project SACD

Tokyo Ghost and billpeener like this.
  16. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Diana Krall's ORG 45rpm reissues.

17. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Not obsessed but I am trying to play through Christmas themed albums and singles in my record collection in between whatever else I listen to.

18. Dave Hoos

Dave Hoos Nothing is revealed

Tommy?

19. Dave Hoos

It's wrapped up for Christmas. What's it like?

20. RogerB

RogerB Forum Resident

Dave I'll just say it's the album I've wanted the Stones to make for decades and they deliver in spades!!! From beginning to end it keeps a smile on my face!

If your a fan of Mick playing a harp I would say Christmas afternoon is gonna be special for you!! Enjoy!!

Dave Hoos likes this.
  21. fab432

fab432 “To the toppermost of the poppermost, Johnny!”

Based on a recommendation from this forum I picked up The Sighs CD on Charisma. Really like the music, great melodies and the songs are really quite good. If you like power pop this one may be for you.

22. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

Leaving that to the radio. Currently going with the Decemberists.

the sands likes this.
  23. Mike Campbell

Tommy Bolin.

24. Criminy pete

Criminy pete Forum Resident

I can totally relate!

25. Dave Hoos

Thanks Roger. I'm most excited to hear their take on the Wolf's "Commit A Crime". One of my all time favourite blues tracks. If you were smiling from beginning to end, then I don't have to worry about being disappointed.

RogerB likes this.