Who Is That God Awful Female Singer In Heineken Commercial?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DJ Phoenix, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Phoenix

DJ Phoenix New Member Thread Starter

What/who is that monstrocity, and why is it on my tv? and, wtf is she saying? I cant understand a word she says. Also, why would someone even put that commercial on tv, in the first place? It's a stupid commercial, all around.....

Just sayin.....

2. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I hated it when I first heard it, now I kinda like it for some reason. Must be that little girl voice and I can make out most of the words. Cute blond so what the heck. :)

Sing it out loud indeed.

Attached Files:

3. Mette Lindberg.

I like it. :D

4. Tank

Tank New Member

Pasadena must be a trip. Google can look up pictures of big mounded women for you to tell everyone about, but can't find "Girl singing in Heineken commercial"?

Wild...

5. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Pics or it didn't happen. :winkgrin:

6. hominy

hominy Digital Drifter

Every TV commercial with a song gets tiring after a while. Especially this one!
    :hurl::hurlleft:

7. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Didn't take "a while" for this one to get tiring. I instantly hated it the first time I saw/heard it. :shake:

8. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

The song is called "The Golden Age" by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour. I kind of like it. The first few times I saw the commercial, I thought the girl was Heather Graham.

9. On your TV remote control, there's a button marked "mute". Use it for commercials. Your life will be much more pleasant.

10. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

Who watches TV?

11. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Member

Yeah, it's funny they are all partying and having a good time. I'd be like"I'll take a beer and I'm outta here I can't stand that noise!"

12. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Horrible, mute-inducing.

13. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

The song's okay; the groove in it is much better than the singer. The commercial is pretty cool though! :D

14. Joey Self

Joey Self Red Forman's Sensitivity Guru

I liked those few seconds enough to check out the album on Rhapsody. Part of it reminds me a bit of the B-52's stuff, but a bit more ornate. And I hear some Yoko Ono influences in it, but I'll leave it to the reader to decide if that's a good thing....

JcS

15. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

This commercial is more ammunition for DJ Phoenix and his "all present music sucks" credo.

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I checked out the song and thought it was okay. I can't figure out why this singer is getting attacked so heavily and yet many forum members lavish praise on Joanna Newsom - now THAT'S an irritating singer!

17. DJ Phoenix

Wasn't really going there...just didnt see the purpose of the commercial, or liked the song.

Truth be told, i still dont know or "get" what the commercial's supposed to be saying to the beer buying public? A guy doing some karate mooves, while wearing a white sport coat, doing weird hand jestures, and "zapping" some old Mr French(from Family Affair), looking guy?

Then, having some poor sounding Avril Levigne wanna be, singing some horrendous song, and having people dance along to it?

is it supposed to be a "play on words"? Someone fire the PR person then, cause sadly, it' didnt do the job intended.

18. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Actually it did do it's job because you posted about it and we responded. More free advertising for her and the beer. Whether you like it or not it generated a certain buzz.

19. DJ Phoenix

Actually, i think the kind of "buzz' they were hoping to create from it, was to get more people into buying stores to purchase their beer? which I assume was/is the purpose of them creating such a horrendous commercial? My guess is...it's not increasing foot traffic to and from stores to buy this like they'd originally hoped it would, as I can only assume, that MANY others feel as if I do about the commercial?

So, therefore, it wouldve actually created a definite negative effect on their advertising campaign, while using said commercial, which goes against their intent in the first place?

20. BeatleJWOL

Heineken is cool and (can make you) the life of the party. That's the entire point to the commercial. Look how much fun (YMMV) everyone is having at the party that happens to serve Heineken.

I think?

In any case, there have been better Heineken ads:
    [​IMG]

21. DJ Phoenix

How could ANYONE have such a 'good time" listening to that god awful singing?(is that whats thats called?)

22. BeatleJWOL

People who like Heineken more than you do, I guess.

Not sure what the complaint is about the singing, it's no worse than...Lulu, Mary Hopkin, Yoko Ono, etc etc.

23. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

I think its OK, but didn't realize it was a real song - figured it was a jingle written for the commercial.

24. hominy

hominy Digital Drifter

Don't watch much anymore since signing up here;)

25. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

What are these "commercials" you speak of? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.