Who is the bass player on Seinfeld?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by aoxomoxoa, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

You missed a great show, one of the best sitcoms ever made. This is like refusing to watch a movie because you hate the title logo font.

2. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Jonathan Wolff.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

The tilte font doesn't come up during every single scene transition. The times I've attempted to watch the show, it was like someone kept poking me in the ear with a stick. Maybe some fan will make a de-slapped version of the show. Or maybe they'll take them out to fit in another 30 seconds of ads.

4. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Like George, they've done just the opposite:

5. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

[​IMG]

6. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Got to love the Drake!!

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It's silly. You gotta hear the dialogue. The music is not even 1% of the show. It's like refusing to eat a meal because you don't like the color of the plate it's on.

8. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

It sounds almost just like the actual song! But not quite though.

9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

NEWMAN!

pscreed and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  10. Chris DeVoe

It would be hellishly difficult to bend bass strings that much.

11. Chris DeVoe

As soon as the technology is out for me to "de-fake-slap-bass" Seinfeld, I'll watch the show. Maybe pattern-matching all the exterior shots that accompany the slap bass. Just cut all those out.

12. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

That's fine but @Chris DeVoe won't be coming for dinner! ;)

MikaelaArsenault and Veech like this.
  13. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Some people haven't seen Star Wars and are still functioning members of society. It's OK to be out of the loop.

14. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Vile weed!

15. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Just curious if you like Will & Grace?

16. Chris DeVoe

I've never seen it. I honestly haven't watched any sit-com in twenty years. Too many of them are just cheap snarky comments traded back and forth - which is what passes for wit these days.

17. The Hud

Fair enough. It is another show that Johnathan Wolff did the music for, and I believe it has some music that is Seinfeldesque. But it might be King of Queens. I can't remember now.

Avoid both to be safe. :)

18. Chris DeVoe

No interest in being part of the loop. I work alone, and have no water cooler to hang around. I see a ton of movies, binge watch longer shows that people I trust recommend, but most of the time I watch shows that I can listen to as background noise while I edit my concert videos.

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Ah, that's sad. There are a handful of very funny shows that have come and gone over the years. I would point to VEEP and SILICON VALLEY as examples of modern sitcoms that are "scream out loud" funny, at least around my house. Both with big audiences, and VEEP has racked up a ton of Emmy awards. Both are good shows on many different levels, particularly for character, story, and dialogue.

MikaelaArsenault and forthlin like this.
  20. Chris DeVoe

I have watched Silicon Valley, but that's pretty far from being a "sitcom". When I think "sitcom", I tend to think of a show that lacks an episodic arc, the characters in the same basic situation from show to show - Married With Children, Two Broke Girls, King of Queens - one episode being basically indistinguishable from another. Seinfeld fits that definition, Silicon Valley does not.

Most of the tech pundits I follow tend to view Silicon Valley as rock stars view This Is Spinal Tap - something too true to life to be able to laugh at.

21. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

I did watch and like Seinfeld, but I hated that godawful fake bass. Was it meant to be annoying? (I'm serious. It would be Seinfeld-ish to add a deliberately annoying element to the show.)

MikaelaArsenault and Chris DeVoe like this.
  22. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

I wouldn't necessarily say Seinfeld fit the traditional sit-com model. Yes, new girlfriend almost every show, but it breaks from tradition by giving secondary characters lots of screen time and jokes, not to mention there were running gags throughout a season. For instance, Jerry's dad's missing wallet, crazy Joe Devola, etc. I would say it's last two seasons where it was obviously getting long in the tooth may have fallen back on some familiar tropes, but the meat of the show's run was pretty unique.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  23. The Hud

I actually enjoy the music!

24. Nipper

Nipper His Master's Voice

You're the BASSMAN?

25. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky Thread Starter

I've never seen Star Wars nor do I care if I ever do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.