Who knows about turntable setups!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Villorejo81, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

At least you didn't buy MA. Frankly anything metal dome is going to mean long term fatigue but designed to sound impressive in the shop.

2. RiCat

RiCat Forum Resident

I would not worry about speaker wiring. Get some 16ga from any home improvement or electrical supply. Make sure your end point connections are tight. Find your speaker location sweet spots first above all else. Special speaker wires may be tweaks but until you get dialed in you will not hear much if any improvement. My opinion...not looking to start a wire war lol :)

3. Villorejo81

Villorejo81 Active Member Thread Starter

Thanks... i know that the wire world can start a war on forums! I will try to get something without going over the top. Dont think I will be able to hear any difference anyway!

4. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

And pay attention to polarity! If you reverse polarity on one speaker, the speakers will be out of phase and the bass will be (almost) non-existent. The 16 gauge wire sold by home improvement stores (sometimes called zip cord) has a marking on one conductor, usually a line molded into the insulation. Use that for the negative connection, connecting that wire to the negative connector ( - ) on the amp’s LEFT channel and on the other end of that wire to the negative connector ( - ) on the LEFT speaker. Use the other wire for the positive ( + ) on the amp’s LEFT channel and on the other end of that wire to the positive connector ( + ) on the LEFT speaker. Repeat this whole process for the amp’s RIGHT channel and RIGHT speaker. If you accidentally reverse one of the connections, you’ll be wondering why you’re not hearing any bass.

RiCat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.