Who only listens to Beatles remixes and not the original mixes and remasters?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bherbert, Sep 14, 2017.

1. bherbert

bherbert Well-Known Member Thread Starter

This post is not intended to put down the original mixes or start a debate. I'm genuinely interested to hear if some people only listen to the remixes and ignore the original mixes and remasters. There are a few remixes on the market now so one could potentially have a modest Beatles collection just based on owning all the remixes available.

2. bherbert

As for myself, this is my current Beatles playlist:

PPM - Mono '09
    With The Beatles - Mono '09
    Hard Days Night - Stereo '09
    Beatles For Sale - Stereo '09
    Help - Stereo '09
    Rubber Soul - Rock Band Remix '09
    Revolver - Mono '09
    Sgt Pepper - Remix 2017
    MMT - Stereo '09
    White - Stereo '09
    LIB - Naked '03
    AR - Stereo '09
    YSS - 1999
    Beatles 1 - 2015 Remix

A mix of stereo, mono and remixes :)

3. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

It always depends on my mood which versions I prefer...
    I like the original mixes and listen to my UK stereo Parlophone LPs regularly...but I really love the remixes on YSS and SPLHCB and 1...I want to compile a full 1967 CD-R for me, but there are some songs missing from MMT as remixed versions...I hope they will be available sometimes.

4. bherbert

I'm also hoping for future remixes. I'm not big on mono so remixes are of interest to me. Especially if Giles keeps using the mono mixes as the source of the remix. For me that is a perfect mix.

sathvyre likes this.
  5. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

When I listen to the Beatles, for everything up to and including Sgt Pepper, it's the mono vinyl albums I play. With the White Album I try to alternate between the Stereo & Mono LP's, the same goes for Let it Be & Let it Be Naked.

6. If a person only listened to remixed Beatles material, then you would limit yourself to listening to only about 10% of their catalog. No thanks!!!! I listen to everything.

7. Spazaru

Spazaru Active Member

I only listen to stuff up through '65 normally and it has to be in mono or it annoys me. Ha ha.

If I listen to the later Beatles that I like (Let It Be album and The Ballad of John and Yoko and a few other random songs), the originals are what I want to hear.

therockman likes this.