Who would pay to see if they reunited?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jwb1231970, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

If they got back together, they'd be reunited! I'd go!!! :righton::cheers::righton:

2. Mike Reynolds

Mike Reynolds Forum Resident

Van Halen for me, too. A nostalgia tour with UFO would also be nice to see. And maybe BTO.

And, assuming Bill Ward was cleared by Sharon & Co, maybe Black Sabbath if Bill is able and willing. Well I know he is willing, so let's just say "able".

3. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Nobody.

All the acts I enjoyed in my youth . . . they need to be retired.

It's a young person's game.

4. perplexed

perplexed Forum Resident

The Smiths
    Led Zeppelin
    Genesis with Gabriel
    XTC
    Whitesnake with Moody/Marsden

Destroysall likes this.
  5. Mike Reynolds

Ted Nugent with his original solo band from the mid-70's.

I'm truly bummed a bone fide Bad Company reunion will never happen, though. Or a Doobie Brothers reunion (sans McDonald) for that matter. :(

6. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

Peaches & Herb :winkgrin:

7. Mike Reynolds

Opening for Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr.? :D

8. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy Thread Starter

It is a young persons game, agreed

9. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

. . . assuming we're basically talking about rock and pop music.

Neil Young is exempted. He was born an old man.

10. bhasenstab

bhasenstab Forum Resident

Add me to the crowd who would pay to see a Smiths reunion, as I saw them twice back in the ‘80s. Heck, even with Craig Gannon! As good as Complete is, live Smiths could definitely be better. Especially as J. Marr is back in good form from his solo tours. And Moz is tuned up, too, presuming he doesn’t cancel the shows lightly.

razerx likes this.
  11. Pdennis1

Pdennis1 Well-Known Member

Heart - Ann, Nancy, Roger, Steve, Mike & Howard.

12. fenderesq

fenderesq In Brooklyn It's The Blues / Heavy Bass 7-7

As I'd taken the meaning of the original poster as possible with all the members still being alive... of course there are many other reasons that would preclude a band member from not participating in a reunion even if they wanted to... the most obvious being general health and infirmity. One needn't be dead to be unable. Of course there are endless bands I'd want to see or see again that were of my time: Jimi leading the pack; but with the 5 I'm going to list below I've allowed fantasy to enter into the equation.

And I'd go into hock to be able to see 4 of them if it were possible; in the case of the 5th I'd pay a damn lot for a ticket; maybe not eat for a while... but I don't think I would be willing to go into debt. That speaks more to the fact of how much I'd do to see the 4 then what I wouldn't do to see the 5.

And since of course these are just fantasy I'll choose a specific venue.

1. Louis Armstrong and the Hot Fives and Hot Sevens at either; The Vanguard in NYC, Le Chapelle Du Lombard in Paris or in a different vibe, Carnegie Hall in NYC. The MOST important musical configuration in the evolution of modern music as I see it.

2. Robert Johnson at any Juke Joint deep in the Mississippi Delta. Like seeing Moses come down form Mt. Sinai.

3. Buddy Holly and the Crickets at a Bowling Alley in Lubbock Texas. Unlike with my next listing; I'm sure I would immediately "get it". And man what a great fun night it would be.

4. The Beatles at The Cavern. I must admit to not being the biggest Beatles fan; especially amongst many members of The Hoffman community. That said; their impact on music and culture is incalculable and undeniable. Theirs is the story musically speaking along with Dylan (who rides alone at the top of the heap) of our time. Culturally I would say it's The Beatles alone. The reason they're on my list is knowing their influence; what they were to become I'd want to hear and see for myself what those 4 young punks were up to and If I could sense the future changing of the world.

And finally to my inclusion of the group who I wouldn't go into debt to be at a reunion of... although I would do a lot... and surly regret not doing more as the date of the show neared. *After thinking about it; I believe in part this determination of what I would or wouldn't do to be in attendance is due to them being right in the midst of my contemporary musical history where the others came before.

5. Super Session. Of course we lost Michael Bloomfield in '81; but Super Session; both the original and Live Adventures were for me the pinnacle of where my musical leanings would take me with the conflation of American Rock, Soul and English Blues via American Blues. There are even notes of Folk Rock, Pop and what would become known as Americana floating around there. This is evident in material and performance. Of course all associated musicians of both outings would have to be present. Of note Super Session was the first audiophile vinyl I'd ever purchased (The MFSL Original Masters Series)... the first I'd bought; while looking for the best possible price... price was of no consequence and that's saying a lot. I had to have it! Where would the show be? At the Fillmore East for reasons both obvious and less obvious ... hell it's my fantasy.

I'd thought about adding The Blue Breakers with Beck, Page and Clapton all participating; but that's going a bit to far.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    zen likes this.
  13. Talisman954

Talisman954 Forum Resident

Journey with Steve Perry

LittlePearl likes this.
  14. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Jonas Brothers

15. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Who are you wanting in a Doobie Brothers reunion? Tom Johnston and Pat Simmons are still going strong, as is John McFee

16. I love the TH but know nothing of their inner workings or what caused them to break up. Is there that much bad blood that’s keeping them from reuniting?

17. The four original members of Black Sabbath. That means with Bill Ward!

[​IMG]

Mike Reynolds and Destroysall like this.
  18. fenderesq

fenderesq In Brooklyn It's The Blues / Heavy Bass 7-7

I thought I'd correct this before being called on it...

My apologize; of course Jeff Beck wasn't in The Blues Breakers... I should have mentioned: Peter Green and Mick Taylor when calling out guitarists irrespective of when they participated. Maybe I should have just called for a reunion of The Blues Breakers and The Yardbirds. Now that's something I'd mortgage the farm to see.

19. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

A Yardbirds reunion featuring all three living guitarists would definitely be something I would shell out to see. I know Jim McCarty can still play, but Chris Dreja had a series of strokes a few years ago and sadly can't anymore. Don't know if Paul Samwell-Smith would be available at this stage. They could just get a bunch of guest lead singers for Keith Relf. Who am I kidding....that's a pipe dream at best. :cry:

20. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Level 42 (1979 - 1987) original line-up
    Mark King, Mike Lindup, Boon & Phil Gould

21. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the Beatles....but, that can never happen.

22. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Talking Heads

23. PatrickG

PatrickG Forum Resident

Talking Heads, XTC, The Smiths, Elvis Costello and the Attractions, The Jam.

And I'll break the dead member rule: The Specials only if Jerry Dammers returned to the fold.

Bobby with a dollar and Ash76 like this.
  24. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

UFO the Schenker version.. Pete Way is alive last I checked....and I want Paul Raymond instead of the guy he replaced...Frankly I want to see them as they exist now too!
    I wanna say Pink Floyd, though Rick is dead.....

25. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Helen Reddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.