Who would you want to star in a remake of "The Thin Man"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scooterpiety, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billh

billh Senior Member

Rodney Allen Rippy and Linda Day George.

MekkaGodzilla likes this.
  2. NicS

NicS Forum Resident

3. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

Please "no" on that pairing. No remake is needed.

4. Collector Man

Collector Man Well-Known Member

I still cannot get my head around Seyfield ridiculously running around in "In Time" ... running out of time , wearing of all things - high heel shoes. :eek: What's more, it showed she as an actor , had not physically learned the correct posture to walk, let alone -run in them anyway.
    The depicted character then became , as a result - a silly scatter -brain bimbo.

5. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Why would anyone want to remake them? Not only did Powell and Loy own the characters, the movies themselves were very much a product of their times, and I can't see how they would translate to today's movie audiences (read schlubs).

6. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Bobcat Goldthwait & Tracy Lords.

... But seriously, I don't care if they remake these or not because I will never see them. The originals are perfect. Powell & Loy had a chemistry that can't be duplicated, and it was that chemistry that made the originals great.

7. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Daniel Day Lewis and Helen Hunt

8. Tom Cruise...

joking. ;)

9. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Why bother? No two current actors could pull it off.

10. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Or Rachel McAdam.

Or Elizabeth Banks.

Or Olivia Munn.

11. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Two of those ladies are far too good looking to play the role and one is too young. Thanks for posting that, I enjoyed looking them up on imdv, beautiful girls. :thumbsup:

12. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

For the many of you saying it shouldn't be remade, I understand where you're coming from. The originals were perfect.

BUT...only lovers of old films will know that. There are now multiple generations who don't know them and who aren't going to watch films from the 1930s. As I said earlier in this thread, this is a good candidate for a remake. It would take a remake to get more people to see the originals.

Incidentally, I took the original question as a hypothetical, but according to imdb, there is a version in development. Given the lack of information, it might simply mean that movie rights were bought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.