Why do physical copies cost so much to ship?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Time Is On My Side, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was checking out Solo: A Star Wars Story from Disney's Store and Sicario 2 from Amazon - both want >$6 for shipping for the least expensive option. How can they compete when I can just drive to Best Buy in 20 minutes, buy a physical copy, and not spend the extra $6+ to ship it to me a week after release?

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Get Amazon Prime and you won't have this problem.

George P, Michael and showtaper like this.
  3. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Always check ebay

4. Lots of people will pay at least $6 to avoid the hassle of going to Best Buy.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

No, you'll pay 12.99? per month and always feel you have to order something to defray the monthly fee...

VQR and melstapler like this.
  6. Michael

some ppl cannot get to BB so they pay it...Amazon has the worst fees for shipping in the 3rd party sellers as they will NOT combine shipping or Amazon will not allow them to do so? but, the ones that use prime cost the same as most who don't and charge for shipping.

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

We buy a ****-ton of stuff from Amazon every month, and it's more than enough to warrant the yearly fee. That plus watching Amazon Video all the time.

showtaper, Michael and George P like this.
  8. Michael

yes, for some it great...just not for me at this time.

VQR likes this.
  9. Daven23

Daven23 Forum Resident

Use eBay. Lots of competition so I’m sure you can get that for below retail plus free shipping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.