Why is music still released on DVD-Audio or SACD instead of Blu-ray?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by head_unit, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephi82

Ephi82 Still have two ears working

I too buy SACD, DVD-A and Blu Ray. I buy music I like in whatever format it's sold in. What I like about vBlu Ray Audio is that there is increasing availability of more rock and pop music. I also like the ability to rip the content to Flac. I then burn DVD Audios for my Acura. Unfortunately, SACD can't be ripped easily, but I do like versions that have rebook, hi res and surround layers.

Bill Mac likes this.
  2. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Of course not. That's why I enjoy poking some of them with a stick once in a while. :winkgrin:

That's not a REAL playoff ! ! !

gd0/CCF™

:winkgrin:

3. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

This is just yet another industry attempt to get everybody to throw-away all of their old hardware and buy brand new 7.2.4 HT systems in the next HT upgrade frenzy. Do you really think that the two-channel crowd which has shown virtually zero interest in surround is going to change their minds on the topic of surround-sound now?

FWIW: I enjoy both surround and stereo audio, and have pretty-good systems for both formats. But I'm NEVER going to go beyond 5.1 for my HT system. As a matter of fact I deliberately run my HT system in 5.0 with full range speakers because actually think that a sub makes my system sound worse.

Two great channels will blow-away 4 to 5 good channels any day. And 5 good channels blow-away 7 mediocre channels. And likewise 7 mediocre channels will blow-away 7.2.4 substandard channels.

The problem is that most mere humans cannot afford 7.4.2 good channels, much less 7.4.2 great channels. And even fewer of those who can will care enough to get sucked-into this latest industry-planned upgrade frenzy.

4. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Don't you realize that all gear sounds the same (amps, DACs, most speakers, etc)? More is better. Fill that room with sound. If five low-fi speakers and Best Buy electronics is good, then 7 or 11 is way better. Like, way, way.

TarnishedEars likes this.
  5. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Waaaaaaaaay off-topic. Whole lotta bickering about tangential stuff. I think the OP's question has been answered.

Simon A likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.