Why is U2 Vinyl always out of press?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wbhendrix, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

It always seemed like Rattle and Hum was never OOP, at least in Europe/UK. I picked up one brand new copy off Amazon UK a few years ago for about $20 and was pretty impressed with how clean and quiet the 2 records were.

2. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

Passengers and Zooropa could really benefit from being stretched across 2 records. My two originals of those albums are good but especially Passengers doesn't quite have the presence and bottom end of the cd releases.

3. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

My original US pressing of Achtung Baby on vinyl is horrible. The CD always sounded really good though.

jimhb and Szeppelin75 like this.
  4. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

What`s it sound like?Bright,flat,or muddy?I was always fine with the original cd.

5. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Groovy and Dbstay like this.
  6. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Now that's interesting. Wish they'd done the same with Achtung Baby...4 songs a side and some remixes on side D.

Colocally and Porkpie like this.
  7. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

Hoping for better across 2LPs

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  8. 81531

81531 Forum Resident

I'd rather have the b-sides there!

Porkpie likes this.
  9. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Good call. I wish this was normal practice on any CD-era album pressed to vinyl. There's always something extra they could put on side 4.

Of course, now i'm thinking about if the album had come out 5 years earlier...it'd have been 10 tracks. And maybe for the better. #unpopularopinion

Porkpie and 81531 like this.
  10. shark shaped fin

shark shaped fin Forum Resident

Can anyone speak to the quality of the Songs if Experience vinyl? Predictably, I’m seeing a few discounted copies around of both the regular LP and the box.

11. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

Very good, I have the blue lp and sounds phenomenal

vonwegen, Jimmy Mac and RTurner like this.
  12. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Pop finally dropped in price on Amazon today to a more reasonable £24.99 so grabbed a copy. Looking forward to the next two!

dtuck90 likes this.
  13. Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac Zooropa... better by design

Yes, this album is near perfect pressing perfection.

14. shark shaped fin

shark shaped fin Forum Resident

Thanks for the pressing intel. I'm going to pick those up shortly, but for now I just ordered a copy of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb based on glowing reviews of the vinyl repress vs the original CD (which I own.) Need to get ATYCLB, too...

15. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Really happy with the U2 represses - great quality at reasonable prices

16. Vox78

Vox78 Forum Resident

Just gave the new Zooropa a spin..as with the previous reissues this year,it’s flat, clean and quiet.. sounds better than the 93 cd to me..
    The album proper concludes with ‘the siren’ at the end of side 3. The Lemon remix on side 4 is better than I remember.

via_atx, jimhb, Ken.e. and 5 others like this.
  17. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Who cut it?

18. Vox78

Vox78 Forum Resident

As per the other reissues the vinyl comes in two black anti static sleeves with the artwork sleeves beside them..A little miffed it didn’t come as a gatefold but still delighted to have it!

Ken.e. likes this.
  19. Joey_Corleone

Joey_Corleone Forum Resident

My Zooropa and Achtung arrived today too. Looking forward to spinning them this weekend. I opened both to use the download codes and get that in order, and they both look nice. Gatefold would have been nice though.

While organizing my digital stuff, I found I have the 24/48 deluxe from 2011. Is this 2018 version a new remaster or the same one from 2011? Anybody compare yet?

20. steveharris

I couldn`t find a copy of Achtung in my record store today.I`ll try tommorow someplace else.

21. Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac Zooropa... better by design

Had the same issue...my regular store didn’t receive their shipments of AB and I had to go to a second store to find it.

steveharris likes this.
  22. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I’m looking forward to The Best of 1990-2000, which has different mixes of a few songs.

23. Silverladder

Silverladder Well-Known Member

"Achtung Baby" and "Zooropa" arrived at my door about 10 minutes ago. I'm midway through "Zoo Station" (track one on AB) right now and am very happy. Pressing sounds excellent. Better than the CD, which I've loved since it came out during my high school years.

24. Bryce

Bryce I drank what?

Scott Sedillo at Bernie Grundman. Both Achtung Baby and Zooropa. Both sound fantastic. Dead silent vinyl and flat pressings as well.

richbdd01 likes this.
  25. steveharris

Well I found a copy today.The corner of the cover was bent but you what I don`t care the records are fine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.