Why is U2 Vinyl always out of press?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wbhendrix, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I hope we get the UK track listing with "The Fly" though - really important track that was chopped off the US release.

I love the new mix of "Gone" (has the live arrangement with Edge backing vox prominent).

azjvm05 and jimhb like this.
  2. Vox78

Vox78 Forum Resident

‘The Fly’ ain’t on it according to U2.com

3. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Very disappointed in the AYCLB German pressing I got today: side 2 is a mess of crackles.

4. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

Not to be one of those guys, but I received my Prime order of Zooropa today. Nice big old corner ding from album sliding around in huge over-sized box with some air bubbles. Packaging very nice and similar to my original copy. Cover texture is a match. Always hate jamming 2 albums into one sleeve but the single sleeve is true to the original. Can't wait to spin it. If it's like the previous reissues I am guessing it'll sound good, but heavy on bass. It could be system dependent, but I decided to keep my original copies (in addition to the reissues) of ATYCLB and Pop because I still preferred them a little over the reissues. Atomic Bomb was the only recent reissue that pushed me to cash on on my original. That original pressing was horrible. Will update once I listen.

5. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Quick question for anyone with Joshua Tree on the double vinyl reissue, how does it compare soundwise to the original single album? I have the single album but the quiet intros on the first couple songs have a lot of surface noise, is the (EU) reissue a quiet pressing?

6. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

As others have already said the sound and pressing quality on these are great! :D

However, someone should have done a better job of proofreading the Zooropa lyric sheet. :help:

bmh5879 likes this.
  7. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

Why are there no booklets for Achtung Baby, Zooropa and 1980/1990???

azjvm05 likes this.
  8. Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons ___________________

The originals never had any.

9. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I think he's referring to the booklets they produced for other reissues like the Unforgettable Fire and War, they had multi-page booklets on the making of the albums.

DaK likes this.
  10. Alien Ache

Alien Ache Soul black vinyl to stop your tears

Spinning Zooropa now. Sounds fantastic! I guess I need to pick up the Achtung Baby reissue as well (the original press I have of AB has a fair amount of surface noise).

11. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Forum Resident

If someone watching this thread has the new 2018 vinyl releases of Pop, ATYCLB, Achtung Baby, and Zooropa, can you please pm me? I have a few questions about the WAV files that come with the new releases. Thx!!

12. davecaddie

davecaddie Forum Resident

Looks like these reissues are worth picking up. How about the early stuff reissues? Boy ->UFF

13. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I just picked up the best of 1990-2000. I wish it had The Fly, but it is a really nice pressing.

JeffMo likes this.
  14. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

This thread title is a bit redundant now considering practically everything is in print :)Which is a good thing!

15. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Just wait a couple years and the thread will be relevant again.

Porkpie likes this.
  16. Vox78

Vox78 Forum Resident

The 90-2000 vinyl reissue is good but not as impressive as the 80-90 pressing for a couple of reasons..

At least a second is shaved off each song which end abruptly as a result of choppy interference at the fade out of each song. The first 5 seconds of the ‘fade in’ to Miss Sarajevo is also affected.
    This was not an issue on the impeccably pressed 80-90 reissue.Also, this is the first U2 vinyl reissue that doesn’t come with the optional poly lined black inner sleeves.
    Those minor quibbles aside,it sounds good.

17. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

Went through 2 different version of 90-2000 vinyl from Amazon. 3 out of 4 sides are perfect. Both copies I received has major non-fill issues on side 2 with One, Miss Sarajevo, Stay & Stuck in a Moment. Weird as all of the other pressing I've had are just about perfect. Had no luck with this one.

18. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

Anyone have any idea if "Passengers " will get reissued? I assume "No Line On the Horizon" will show up eventually. Oddly I've never had "October" on vinyl and should probably rectify that before it gets hard to find, I see original US copies in the used record shops often. Is the remaster a lot better?

via_atx likes this.
  19. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

I’m also hoping for passengers.

20. HDManiac

HDManiac Forum Resident

My copy had white polylined innersleeves

21. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Managed to grab both 'Pop' and 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' at the local record store today. Gave both a quick spin and I can easily say that they are the best sounding versions of both albums that I have heard. I do hear the slight whooshing sound at the end of the first two tracks on ATYCLB but it pretty much goes away once the next song kicks in. As for the digital downloads they are a bit of a disappointment. Even though they are supposed to be the 2017 remastered versions, it looks like they level matched them to equal the original cd releases. The only major differences I noticed between the two was that the 2017 releases seemed to boost the treble a bit and cut some of the bass to offer the illusion of more clarity. The major disappointment is that the tracks have digital clipping all over the place, basically put together in a very lazy fashion. If they backed off the compression/volume just a tad it would have made a huge difference and could have become the reference digital releases of both albums. For on the go listening I will stick to the original cd's.

Panama Jack and Szeppelin75 like this.
  22. BOZMAN

BOZMAN Forum Resident

My copy of All That You Can't Leave Behind has the very same issue.

23. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Listening to Best of 1990-2000. Almost flawless. flat but with a few tics. Nothing big.

24. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

25. shark shaped fin

shark shaped fin Forum Resident

I'm *this* close to completing my U2 vinyl collection. I have reissues of Boy, October, Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop, Atomic Bomb (I've got ATYCLB ready to ship via Amazon.) I have original LP pressings of War, Unforgettable Fire, and a crackly copy of Passengers I found for a few bucks awhile back. Plus Songs of Innocence/Experience. Waiting on Rattle and Hum and NLOTH and a reissue of Passengers to replace the shoddy OG copy. Likely will pick up Wide Awake as well at some point.

So...I'm curious if anyone has compared the vinyl reissues of War and UF to the originals. I'm hanging onto them either way, but are the newer editions improved in any way and worth acquiring? Sorry if this question has been previously answered...

GyroSE, PDK and Szeppelin75 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.