WILCO NEWS!! Ongoing Thread On All Things Wilco- Which Will Be Updated As Needed

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by linclink, Oct 16, 2012.

1. mogambotek

mogambotek Forum Resident

Very cool, I did not know that! Will check it out. Thanks!

2. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

And they pretty much recorded Wilco (The Album) in Finn's studio, right?

3. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Parts of it, yeah.

4. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

Didn't Jeff record his basic tracks for Wilco (The Album) in Finn's studio, with the rest of the band overdubbing their parts once he returned to the states?

5. Gabe Walters

I can't recall now if it was every song, or just some songs. And others were there recording with him, primarily Pat, and possibly John, if memory serves.

oneway23 likes this.
  6. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

Yes and an early version of one track is on the seven worlds collide set. Apparently Nels recorded his bits in Chicago.

Make sure you get the two-disc version. Girl Make Your Own Mind Up is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard and it's by a little known New Zealand artist involved in the project.

oneway23 likes this.
  7. Gabe Walters

With the recent 27% off sale on the Roadcase shows, I picked up the Los Angeles bundle from Sept. 13-15, 2016. The sound and performances are excellent, and Jeff and the band are in great spirits. Highly recommended. I also grabbed the Bloomington, IN show from Sept. 25, 2015, so I would have a complete performance of Star Wars; and the version of "Panthers" from that night is great.

8. Gabe Walters

During "Laminated Cat" from the Sept. 14, 2016 show, I had to remove my headphones to see where the atmospheric noises were coming from. It was Nels, Pat, and Mikael.

9. tstrapac

tstrapac Forum Resident

One of the highlights from the run for sure!

10. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Is Wilco recording a new album? There was an Instagram pic of Jeff in the Loft the other day saying something like "doing what we do".

Fletch and Clonesteak like this.
  11. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

I think they are recording something. That is what the Loft is for. I have tickets for them when they come to Kalamazoo in March. So maybe they will play some new tunes?
    Let the rumors begin but being that they are musicians and musicians record albums in studios.
    The Dumber and Dumber in me says, "Are you recording a new album? (???) You know, I put one and one together."
    So the Dumb and Dumber theory would indicate yes Graham, they are. I hope my theory is correct.
    :goodie:

12. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Might be a new Tweedy album, the photos looked like Jeff and son.

Graham and Clonesteak like this.
  13. jordanb87

jordanb87 Forum Resident

I think the band, or at least Jeff, is always working on something. Jeff has said on numerous occasions that he treats the Loft like a 9-5 workspace. He shows up most days and tinkers. That said, I doubt they will be releasing an album in 2017, what with lots of Schmilco touring still to go, and 2 albums released in 2 years. But hey, you ever know.

14. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

Solid Sound lineup coming out tomorrow. any rumors/guesses?

15. gmfeld

gmfeld Active Member

Blender and Maurice like this.
  16. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Kalamazoo? Ranagazo let's have a tune.....!

JMAC and Clonesteak like this.
  17. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Has anyone here gone to Solid Sound with elementary school age kids in tow? How did that go? We were hoping to get some babysitting help from my parents while we went to the shows, but looks like that isn't likely to happen...

18. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Sean Murdock likes this.
  19. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Oh yeah, I got the email for this the other day. Not sure what the point is -- but then again, I'm glad it's coming out!

20. Larry Loves LPs

Larry Loves LPs Forum Resident

I started a thread about it but didn't get a little t of traffic. Lots of complaining about the puzzle.

21. jalexander

Enjoyed Laminated Cat. Not chomping at the bit to buy this one though.

22. Mateo Sanboval

Mateo Sanboval For me, the action is the juice.

But are you champing at it?

JoshM likes this.
  23. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

Have to say I'm interested in picking this up. Hard to go wrong with straight-up, acoustic Tweedy on his own.

24. jalexander

bonus and Mateo Sanboval like this.
  25. Mateo Sanboval

Mateo Sanboval For me, the action is the juice.

The whole planet is behind on champing. Heck they're just plain past it. I was making a joke, but not at your expense. Chomping is totally acceptable.