Wild Life / Red Rose Speedway Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

Has anyone here ordered on DE uDiscover before? Is it true they ship via DHL ?

2. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

But they dont take the vat off!
    Damn......
    Beave

3. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Then there's Black Friday.... :idea:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. Max Wilbury

Max Wilbury Berlin Beetle

Sh it, you're right ! Sorry about that.
    I swear it went exactly 10 euros down sometimes this afternoon, it was on my mobile phone that I checked. Strange.

EDIT :
    Got it ! I saw the 10 euros cheaper price on the UK version of the website (Paul McCartney And Wings - 1971–73 Limited Edition Box Set ) but for a delivery in Germany, with the postage, it comes up to 376 euros.
    Really, in euros, to this day, it looks like 370 is the lowest price.

I'm afraid to say, I have never ordered from them and I fear he worse. Ah ah...
    Fingers crossed ! I so wished those Wings 71-73 (a lame name no ? they could have come up with a more attractive name I'm sure) boxsets to available through amazon.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Mr. Explorer likes this.
  5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Sure - Black Friday 2019.

I might be wrong, but I don't think they offer BF sales on preorders.

Of course, they now come up so many other pre-Xmas BF-esque sales days - Cyber Monday! Give Us Your Money Wednesday! - that they could crop up in sales between their 12/7 release and 12/25 - or even after in the mad grab for more cash post X--mas - but I'd be surprised. I just don't think they do big BF discounts on titles like this when they're so new.

Let's see if the "Imagine" box shows up anywhere on/around BF first...

6. WhispersAndWisecracks

WhispersAndWisecracks Forum Resident

I ordered through there, but got no confirmation email, which was weird. I can see my order in my account on the site, though.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  7. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

The Imagine box doesn't really need a Black Friday sale, it was more than fairly priced right out of the gate. If it takes a year or more for these two being priced in the more reasonable $70 - $80 range, I can wait it out. If it never does go that low, no big loss for me. I can't see myself ever really listening or watching either of these sets more than one or two times anyway. A cursory flip through the books once. I've still never read any of the books from the other six McCartney archive sets I bought. Didn't play any of those discs more than once. But I played the Imagine rough mixes three times in the first weekend though, and I was never a particular fan of that album. More than these two, but that's not saying much.

lightbulb likes this.
  8. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

Have you ever experienced joy?

9. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Yes, often, thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:

The Beave likes this.
  10. :tiphat:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. trackstar

trackstar Forum Resident

A book signed by Jeff Lynne sure...but a signed McCartney book would never, ever be priced at $400.

12. His Blackbird Poetry book had a signed edition. I think it was around $150. i have one.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  13. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Both George and Ringo have published signed books with Genesis at or near that price point (I'm not sure how much George's was as it came out so long ago). I get that a Macca signature commands a premium, but what I'm driving at is that given how much of this set is printed material it's not far off the pricing and style of something from Genesis.

14. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Mine seems to have gone through too, earlier today - already charged to my card through PayPal it appears. Just out of curiosity, did you get a receipt directly from the web site (all I got was the PayPal transaction confirmation)?

15. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I'm only interested in the Live Wings Over Europe album! Waiting to see if there's a way to get only that.

sonnyrock, ted321 and xj32 like this.
  16. trackstar

trackstar Forum Resident

2019 - prices have evolved tremendously.

TimeandTempo likes this.
  17. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

You're right that the lower price point of the "Imagine" set makes it less likely to see slashed prices on BF, but it's still really the only one of the 2018 Beatles releases with a shot. White Album will be too close to BF - and too high profile - whereas the Macca sets are preorders and as I said, I don't think they'll do BF deals for presales.

Speaking of slashing, kinda hoping there's a deal on the "Appetite for Destruction" super-deluxe!

Seems like Amazon barely bothers with BF sales on music anymore, though...

Mr. Explorer and applebonkerz like this.
  18. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Got a feeling you’ll be waiting a long time.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  19. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

One of these boxes costs more than the whole of the Beatles Box In Stereo on CD https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beatles-Box-Set-Remastered-Stereo/dp/B002BSHWUU

20. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

The German version of the udiscovermusic webstore offers only one shipping option for non-EU countries and it costs €30. Their website says they ship through DHL with a tracking code.

Do the other udiscovermusic webstores (US, UK, CAN) provide a tracking code too?

21. vegard martinsen

vegard martinsen Forum Resident

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

What happened to the deluxe download versions of the boxes that included video? He stopped offering those after RAM, right? Too bad, because they were very reasonably priced. Will it only be the limited 2-disc audio versions on HD download sites this time?

23. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

So why not offer ALL the content as a premium paid download? I bought BotR, M1 & M2 deluxe downloads for about $30 each, got the equivalent content from the more expensive physical boxes (including video), and they got to use a small amount of bandwidth hosting it. Why did they stop that? Seems like a fairly easy way to offset costs

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  24. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

I suspect that, at this scale and at this price point, the MSRP pricing is not really dictated by production costs but rather by what MPL/Capitol thinks the market will bear. The man tours all over the world, getting plenty of people to pay a couple hundred dollars a head for a 3-hour concert. I think his organization concludes, not unreasonably, that there are plenty of people out there with that kind of disposable income for this kind of product. Now that will exclude some people, and that's unfortunate, but that's just the way of the world. One can object that it wasn't always this way in Beatleland, but I think that, at this point, Paul's people are not imagining teenagers saving up their milk money to buy the boxsets; in 2018, the expected buyers of primo Wings box sets are probably in the peak of their earning years. Also, notably: the key audio is available, in an attractive 2CD package, for under $20 at amazon. That's less than two hours of labor at minimum wage. In that respect, the 2CD is cheaper, relative to minimum wage, than you could have bought it when I was growing up in the 1980s, when minimum wage was like $3.30/hour and a typical 1LP was $7.50.

I also agree, as some have remarked elsewhere on SHMF, that McCartney may not be eager to have the Wings Over Europe CD floating freely around in the world to sully his reputation with its crudeness of sound. Sold in an exclusively priced box, he can get the disc out to really committed fans, but in a more controlled way. I mean, imagine the amazon customer reviews for such a disc sold separately... they'd be awful.

Cheers, RH

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  25. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I have to admit that I wish he would have released just the two deluxe boxed sets, plus the live Wings CD as a stand-alone disc.

Not just due to the relatively high price of the big box, but mainly because I remember paying $150 for the Tug Of War super deluxe box and another $160 in import taxes. I can only imagine how much I will end up spending this time.

I know most people here will disagree, it's just a different perspective from the point of view of those who don't live in North America, Europe or UK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.