Will my MAs love the Sugden?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by jipsom, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jipsom

jipsom New Member Thread Starter

Quick question for those more experienced (and who have heard more) than myself.
    I have a pair of Monitor Audio GX50s which I love. But the top end can sometimes be a touch aggressive with my Roksan Kandy 3. Someone else recommended the Sugden A21se. But it's quite a leap from the £250 I paid for my second hand Roksan.
    Does anyone have any experience of this amp (with or without these speakers)? And do you think it will be money well spent?
    Cheers.
    PS There is nowhere for me to audition the Sugden within 100 miles.

2. coolsound

coolsound Forum Resident

have a sugden A21se signature (class A ). I don't known the roksan kandy 3 which is certainly a very good amplifier, but i have heard several amps (class AB ) around the same price before buying my sugden... and the sugden was miles away above them . Of course it also depends of your source.

3. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

The Sugden units are quite nice. Both the A21 and A21SE.

Are you located in the US? Tone Imports is bringing Sugden in now, so they have a great distributor.

4. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

Ha!! Just noticed that the original post was from 2015........

5. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

The MA's I've heard all struck me as having what you describe as an " aggressive top end ", including the Platinums and especially at higher volume. Are youperhaps trying to stretch a zebra into a giraffe here ?

D.D.

6. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

I just noticed that you noticed. I'm sure it all worked out for the best. Or not....

D.D.

GoldprintAudio and timind like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.