Will they Add "Mona" to the England's Neweset Hitmakers reissue?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dolstein, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member Thread Starter

I notice that the press release lists England's Newest Hitmakers (the Rolling Stones' first USA LP) but not The Rolling Stones (their first UK LP). The only difference is that the USA LP has Not Fade Away and the UK LP has Mona. Of course, there may be other differences -- perhaps the edits or mixes may be slightly different between the two albums (experts please feel free to chime in). I guess ABCKO didn't consider the differences to be significant enough to justify releasing both.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Is "Now!" going to be one of the SACDs released? If so, that's where it's going to be, possibly.

3. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member Thread Starter

Yep

Yep, The Rolling Stones Now! is going to be one of the reissues. The UK albums that are NOT included in the reissue series are The Rolling Stones and No. 2. I don't know which version of High Tides and Green Grass they're using, although I'd assume it's the US track listing. I wonder if there are any experts out there who could tell me whether the first two UK albums include any mixes or edits NOT found on any US album.

Here's the complete list of the albums that are being reissued:

England's Newest Hitmakers
    12x5
    The Rolling Stones Now
    Out Of Our Heads
    Out of Our Heads - UK Version
    December's Children
    Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass)
    Aftermath
    Aftermath - UK Version
    Got Live If You Want It!
    Between The Buttons
    Between The Buttons - UK Version
    Flowers
    Their Satanic Majesties Request
    Beggars Banquet
    Through The Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol.2)
    Let It Bleed
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
    Hot Rocks
    More Hot Rocks
    The Rolling Stones Singles Collection - The London Years
    Metamorphosis - UK Version

4. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Re: Yep

Let's see...

UK versions of the first album have a longer version of Tell Me. Of course, it's possible that they will use this longer version on the SACD of the US album.

Originally No. 2 had a different version of Everybody Needs Somebody To Love in comparison to Now!, but the ABKCO Now! CD actually featured the UK No. 2 version. My guess is they'll use this version for the SACD. Of course, that means the old US version will go unissued once again.

I Can't Be Satisfied is only on More Hot Rocks in the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.