Willie Nelson's Teatro on vinyl to be reissued later this year

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RJPDX, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJPDX

RJPDX Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was trying to find a reasonably priced copy of Teatro on vinyl ($40+ minimum), when I thought to email Light in the Attic, and ask if they had any plans to reissue. I got a quick reply that they are going to do just that later this year. I have "Spirit" on vinyl, and it sounds amazing, so hoping that Teatro will be just as good.

Greenalishi likes this.
  2. Jesus Jeronimo

Jesus Jeronimo Forum Resident

I love the sound on that album. Just lovely in my CD, it'll be a joy to enjoy in vinyl. Thanks for the info!

J

Greenalishi likes this.
  3. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

It is a fantastic sounding CD:edthumbs::cheers:

Greenalishi and Jesus Jeronimo like this.
  4. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Forum Resident

I'm a bit confused. Light In The Attic already issued this several years ago for RSD.
    Did they stop pressing it and are now going to press more copies?

5. ncstickman

ncstickman Forum Resident

A word of caution. I bought the LITA RSD version a few years ago. Pressing was plagued with surface noise to the point of being unlistenable. There were other similar complaints on this forum. I emailed LITA to ask if they were aware of potential pressing issues with this version and they never responded. That was the last LITA purchase for me.

6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Gold vinyl for RSD.

Black vinyl for re-issue $29 2LP.
    Willie Nelson - Teatro | Light In The Attic Records

Bullmoose $34.97
    Willie Nelson - Teatro

* Back in print and available on black vinyl
    * Features duets with and backing vocals by Emmylou Harris
    * Produced by Daniel Lanois (U2 Joshua Tree; Bob Dylan Time Out Of Mind; Emmylou Harris Wrecking Ball)
    * Remastered from the original tapes
    * Vinyl pressed at RTI and housed in a deluxe gatefold jacket
    * Includes booklet with photos and a new interview with Daniel Lanois and Willie Nelson

7. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Fantastic news, i have 2 copies of the Gold pressing and they suck big time, RTI are usually very good. so hopefully this will be definitive.

8. RJPDX

Discogs has the pressing plant as Rainbo Records - not sure what their reputation is, but I'm sure someone on here will know.

9. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

My RSD copy had bad sibilance and distortion on of the discs, others complained about that, too. LITA had that disc recut and sent out replacements free of charge.
    Can’t remember if the pressing itself was noisy, cause I don’t listen to the album that much. I found the mastering not very pleasing, a bit shrill. Will have to play it again to check.

10. fitzrik

fitzrik Forum Resident

RTI generally have a good reputation.
    Rainbo generally have a bad reputation :(

RJPDX likes this.
  11. RJPDX

Looks like I will just stick with my FLAC file of the complete sessions. And I'm not really into the double records with only 10 or so minutes a side - totally destroys any flow in my opinion.

12. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

Listening to my RSD copy now. Doesn’t sound as bad as I remebered, but it is cut rather hot, especially the vocals are on the verge of distorting. Which is probably what I meant by ‘shrill’ in my earlier post. YMMV.

13. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

Anybody heard the new reissue of Teatro? Hopefully they fixed the issues of the rsd pressing. They are still kind of expensive but I found one with free shipping to Canada on Ebay but will not receive it for a couple of weeks.

14. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

15. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

16. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

I'm happy with it. Sounds good overall and I didn't notice any obvious sibilance as reported with the first issue, although I wasn't listening for it at the time.

via_atx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.