Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I just remembered, there is also Paul's demo from that era for 'Angel In Disguise', the song he gave to Ringo (who made a few additions to it), which Ringo never released. That would be interesting to hear. Even if these songs were only as good as 'In Liverpool' I would still want them to be released, and I bet that for many, that demo tape with the 25 songs would be a more enjoyable listen than the released 'OTG' album.

Tord, The Band, Mr. Explorer and 4 others like this.
  2. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

James Paul McCartney. Love that. Fresh start feeling. Return to his real name.

Would have been interesting if he always listed his full name like that in liner notes post-Beatles.

Mr. Explorer and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  3. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

4. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Very curious about the audio and video quality of the special of the same name.......

I hope it is much better than "One Hand Clapping" was.....at least a little restoration work would be nice!

Who Cares and theMess like this.
  5. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Can someone direct me to the shipping thread? Search is giving me problems and I have questions but don't want to keep threadcrapping.

Thanks guys

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

7. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Me! :wave:

I have an order for the "Big Barn Box" (Which I have hand to over to the Mrs on delivery and get it back on 25th as my Christmas present) plus the double RRS on vinyl.

I've no doubt I will also pick up the regular RRS and Wild Life vinyl issues at some point, probably when I get an alert to let me know there's an Amazon deal available.

Wingsfan2012 and Oyster Boy like this.
  8. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

9. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Mr. Explorer and JeffreyB like this.
  10. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

I was mean't to hand over the WA50 box yesterday, but I didn't, especially after opening it to 'check it'. Means now my "Big Barn Box" is partially for Christmas LOL. Deciding now which album out of it I'll handover on the 7th until the 25th..... Not a bad dilemma.

11. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Ooh that's a plan, never thought of that! I could just hand over the "Wings Over Europe" portion of the box to the Mrs, she doesn't (and won't) have a clue what it is she's got me anyway! :righton:

12. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Hopefully Paul will see fit to issue the Wings Over Europe disc as a stand-alone release.

The Band and Galaga King like this.
  13. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

If he does I'm going to be majorly pissed off. Usually I hunt around for a good deal on his archive sets. This time because of the exclusive nature of the WOE box I couldn't do that. Putting it out everywhere will be a slap in the face.

14. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Today it's this image of Denny Laine on Paul's Twitter and Facebook accounts.

"Meet The Band (3/5): Denny Laine: guitar, bass, some vocals. Meet the rest of Wings"

15. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Should a stand-alone version get released, I don't think it will be in the near future — we still haven't seen the two Glasgow 79 cuts that were included in site-exclusive pre-orders of Band On The Run in 2010.
    And, if we do get one, not only will it lack the book and program reprint, it may even have an adjusted track listing (since both Wingspan and the non-American All The Best! have exclusive mixes on them even with this series).

Personally, I hope that MPL goes the route of the Bowie series on at present, where discs from the special edition are reprinted many years later in box sets that diehard fans would get for other material anyway.

16. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Exactly. Nobody would buy a similar Wings ‘77-79 box set if they knew the ‘exclusive’ content wouldn’t end up being exclusive.

17. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

It's interesting that Paul seemingly is ok with the Beatles albums being remixed in 5.1. Yet doesn't seem interested when it comes to his own stuff for these archive releases.

18. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I would absolutely love for Giles Martin to remix Venus and Mars and Back To The Egg!

19. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Not this time around anyway.

20. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Ahhh. There is always a catch....

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Denny's real name is Brian Frederick Hines.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  22. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

He spent much of the 70s 2 stoned, as I recall

23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

That's the joke he's making, my friend. :)

theMess and daveidmarx like this.
  24. His pronunciation is similar to how a kid would say the word. Does it bother me? Nope.

25. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

It's classic Paul tactic to ease the tension a little when things are getting a bit too serious.