Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

The 2-CD sets look good enough for me! I can reconstruct and rip the double LP Red Rose Speedway, and get the related 45s.
    I do have a DCC version and I don’t anticipate this one sounding better but who knows! I also have the original Apple LP.
    I only have Wild Life in the original Apple LP, and the 1993 smiley face remaster. Glad to have hopefully a decent sounding disc.

Sure I want the big bundle but I ain’t got the cash to spend.

pdenny, Mr. Explorer, Carlox and 2 others like this.
  2. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Wait, just NOW that Ive noticed there’s no Mama’s Little Girl??

3. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Disc 2 Track 14

Carlox and vitorbastos123 like this.
  4. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Yes there is. Some of the posted track listings on here have omissions.

Mr. Explorer and vitorbastos123 like this.
  5. The Fiftieth Beatle

The Fiftieth Beatle Forum Resident

Indeed. For instance, the 'elements' mixes are probably something I'll only listen to once. OK to have but not essential as far as I'm concerned.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. The Fiftieth Beatle

The Fiftieth Beatle Forum Resident

Yeah, looks like a cut and paste error that has been duplicated several times over.

Mr. Explorer and theMess like this.
  7. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I was just listening to the two outtakes on Spotify. The last seconds of 'Live And Let Die (Take 10)'... hilarious!

Mr. Explorer, Who Cares and SRC like this.
  8. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Eye watering prices! I'm out! Don't even like em. That much.

9. vegard martinsen

vegard martinsen Forum Resident

10. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

It seems we are getting the outdoors footage of the Home Recordings in the WL deluxe:

The set’s DVD features rare footage of acoustic home videos, rehearsals and more.

Does anyone else think this is the case? They showed some in Wingspan, I believe.

12. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

theMess, Oyster Boy and Flaming Torch like this.
  13. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I thought he was referring to other ex-Beatles product? If so...needs other body parts on ice. If not, one kidney oughta do it!

theMess, omikron and Mazzy like this.
  14. Got it.

15. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Yes, that should be what we're getting. Footage of "Hey Diddle" was already released on the Ram box in 2012.

theMess, Who Cares and supermd like this.
  16. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

These folk are really good. This is almost as much fun as last years coloured vinyl debacle.

17. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

It's an easy decision: right button :)

18. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

Anyone know how many copies the bundle package is limited to?

19. The Big Guy

The Big Guy Forum Resident

I hope you're right. I'd like to get Wings Over Europe but there's no way I'm going to buy what you have to buy to get it. To be honest with you, it's not so
    much the price as it is what you are getting for that price. I like McCartney but in my opinion these two albums just aren't that good, especially to receive the
    super deluxe treatment. I could see it with Band on the Run, but not with these. They have a couple songs I like, but not enough to spend $400
    on them. Now obviously this is just my opinion, but I also seem to recall the critical response to these not being too good when they came out (not that that matters).
    I am kind of surprised by the excitement over these.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Pawnmower likes this.
  20. Yep. McCartney and family playing next to the farmhouse wall at High Park Farm near Mull of Kintyre.

That’s also the source of the horribly NR’ed Bip Bop/Hey Diddle medley on the Wingspan CD.

[​IMG]

gja586, Mr. Explorer, Yorick and 3 others like this.
  21. supermd

supermd Senior Member

While this release should assuage anyone's fears of the Archive series stopping, here is wording direct from the press release:

Every release in the on-going Paul McCartney Archive Collection is supervised by Paul himself, who oversees all aspects of each and every title from remastering to the curation of lost tracks, outtakes, artwork, photographs and video from his personal vaults, and much more.

22. TimeandTempo

TimeandTempo Forum Resident

No, not announced. But, important to note that Egypt Station's deluxe was handled similarly, and sold out prior to release. The price has since skyrocketed (going for as high as $160 on discogs)

23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Wait, the Egypt Station deluxe was announced and already sold out? I signed up for the "email me" thing on his website and got nothing.

jammincrowe, Paul H, jmxw and 2 others like this.
  24. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

Nice footage... Bit of OT, what happened to Heather, Lindas daughter? She doesn't seem to be out in the public eye as much as her younger sisters and brothers...?

25. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

The press release says "Red Rose Speedway" has 35 bonus tracks, but 9 of those 35 are also on the proper album, are they not?